chapter 160

"Are you ready?" Ryujin ask me.

"I'm almost done. Are the kids ready?" I ask.

"Yea. Ervin is meeting us there. He's picking up his girlfriend. Egg is showered and dressed" she informs me.

Yes, the family still calls Elias, Egg. The boy has come to love it. Even his friends calls him Egg. I will forever have an Egg as one of my son.

The kids are grown now. My youngest Elias is 11. Ervin is 16, driving with a girlfriend. Eva is 18, graduating high school today.

I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Ryujin and I have been married for fifteen years now too. It doesn't feel like it because it feels like we're still in that comfortable honeymoon phase.

We still get excited when we see each other when she gets home from work. With the kids all grown up, we actually have more time together alone. I thought that would make us get tired of each other but it only brought us closer.

But even though the kids practically have their own lives they focus on, they still make time for each other.

Eva continued playing volleyball all throughout high school and actually got a scholarship for it.

Eva never dated anyone while she's in school either. Ryujin was ready to have the talk with whoever she dated but it never happened. We never asked her why because it's her decision whether if she wants to date or not.

It bothered me growing up whenever people would ask me if I'm dating anyone then if I say no, they ask why so I make sure that I don't do the same with my kids.

Ervin stopped playing football once he got into high school and focused more on baseball.

We were all surprised when we found out he's dating someone. We expected it but we didn't expect it to be so soon. We did have a talk that he needs to make sure she's treating him well and he does the same. We remind him that he shouldn't be doing everything to make their relationship work.

I also share with him some things he should look out for so no one can take advantage of his kindness. He's so sweet and caring that sometimes it worries me.

Elias is more of a technology kid. He's not a fan of sports at all. Whenever we watch his sister or brother play, he brings his tablet and just play games.

When he was younger, it did worry me that he was developing slower than the first two kids but he turned out to be the smartest out of the three but being the bright kid that he is, he sometimes lack common sense.

"I'm ready" I say to Ryujin once I finish doing my make up.

"You look beautiful" Ryujin walks to me.

She tries to kiss me but I stop her because she might mess up my lipstick.

"You don't look too shabby yourself" I say but she's already pouting because I stopped her from kissing me.

I roll my eyes and lightly peck her lips but that's enough to make her happy.

"Can you believe our daughter is graduating today?" She chuckles while hugging me.

"I still remember when she was a baby. She amazed even from the start" I start to feel emotional already.

"Mom! Baba! We're gonna be late!" Eva yells from downstairs.

"Let's go. We don't want to meet the savage Eva" I say while pulling Ryujin to head down.

"Where's Elias?" I ask Eva once we reach her.

"He's already in the car. We're just waiting for our parents. It's not like their daughter is graduating or anything and needs to arrive earlier than the people attending to just watch" she says with so much sarcasm.