chapter 128

A couple of years have passed and things are still doing well between Ryujin and I. We celebrated our anniversary, not that long ago. We didn't do anything fancy. We just had dinner as a family and took the kids to a park to play.

My sister and Travis decided to live in the states permanently now. It's honestly been amazing having her here and seeing our kids grow up together.

As for me, I've been trying out new things. Since Ryujin and I decided that I'll stay home with the kids until I decide what I want to do, I've been finding out new things I enjoy or don't enjoy. For example, I hate gardening.

I do have that spare room. I use it for storage, mainly of new things I've tried and realize it's not for me so it's pretty much a storage room.

I've thought about going back to school too but studying and learning wasn't a thing I enjoyed.

I'm grateful that Ryujin is not rushing or even pressuring me to do anything. I was afraid that she will start making me feel bad for not contributing financially but she hasn't.

I do help out with her parents business though. Then once a week I attend a class to learn how to sew. It's just another thing I'm trying, to see if I like it or not.

I did make a friend in that class. Her name is Giselle. We get along well and she seems cool. We've known each other for almost a month now.

Eva and Ervin are doing well. They're growing up well thanks to Ryujin but they also can be annoying and that's also thanks to Ryujin. Eva has stopped calling Ryujin dada though. They now refer to Ryujin as ryuda. Eva came up with it, she said she combined Ryujin's name and Dada.

"Wifey, were here" Ryujin nudges me. That's another thing. She has started calling me wifey. She gave me a choice of what I want her to call me. It was either wifey or mistress so of course I chose wifey. She doesn't like the term 'babe' because it irks her now even though she used that term of endearment for a short time.

I call her babe though or just by her name. She doesn't mind being called babe but she doesn't like saying it herself. I don't mind the wifey thing because it's what she's comfortable with.

"You know you don't have to keep dropping me off at my class. I can drive myself here" I unbuckle my seat belt. Tonight is the night for my sewing class and Ryujin usually drops me off.

"I know but I want to. We rarely get alone time now since the kids always want to be around us now. I love hanging out with them but it's also nice to have times with just the two of us. Even if it's something simple like this, with me driving you to places" she says.

My class usually last an hour and a half. The drive home takes about twenty minutes so most of the time she will just stay in the car and wait.

"I just don't like that you wait for me in the car. You probably get uncomfortable" I say.

"I play on my phone while I wait for you. I don't even realize the time."

I sigh, "Babe—" I start to say something but I stop myself because I realize why am I trying to argue with her about this when I actually enjoy it myself.

The twenty minute drive is so enjoyable for me. We talk about our day, joke around, sing or we sit in silence while holding hands.

"You're gonna be late if you don't leave now. I'm pretty sure nagging your wife is not a good reason for being late" Ryujin jokes.

"I wasn't nagging" I say right away.

"I'm just concern" I add.

"I know, love" she smiles. She still calls me love from time to time.