chapter 48

My sister wakes me up because I slept through my alarm. Were going to Alberta today. Its been a week since Eva's birthday so I'm going to Travis and Karina's place. I'm so thankful that they're letting me stay with them because I honestly don't know how I would survive living with Dana again.

Speaking of Dana, he would constantly text or drunk call me for the past week. He keeps saying how much he misses me and Eva. How the house feels so empty without us. I'm not gonna lie a small part of me feels bad. I do feel like I'm taking Eva away from her dad but then I remember how he never really showed he cares for her.

I see Eva is still asleep next to me. I finish packing my stuff and her stuff. I pick up my sleeping daughter and take her to the car. My mom is dropping us off at the airport. Since I took my car here from PEI, I told my mom to sell it and with that money I'll just buy one in Alberta. I didn't want to drive over 60 hours with a 2 year old.

All of us get in the car and drive to the airport. It's a quiet ride since everyone is still a bit tired.

mastryu: Have a safe flight. I love you!

I smile reading the text from Ryujin. The fact that she woke up early than she has to makes me fall in love with her more. The little things she does makes my heart flutter. I pretty much know her work schedule and she always communicates with me when she's hanging out with friends or family.

kitty_purrfect: Thank you. Have a good day at work! I love you too

Sometimes I still can't believe I'm in a relationship with another female. I'm getting better with not running away when things get tough or when I get too scared. It helps that my sister supports Ryujin and I so she usually smacks some sense back to me when I lose it.

We get to the airport, say bye to mom, check in, go through security, board the plane and now waiting for take off.

In about three weeks, we would be flying again to visit Ryujin. The thought of it makes me really excited and really nervous. The idea of her family not liking me is terrifying. Would she leave me if they don't approve of me?

"You seem lost in your thoughts" my sister comments while she covers up Eva with a blanket. She's currently sleeping on Travis.

I shake my head, "Sorry, it's just hitting me that I'm not going to Dana, I have a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend and I'm meeting her family in less than a month."

"Is he bothering you?" She ask.

"He just keeps texting and calling me and asking for another chance. I still can't believe I stayed with him for that long. I tried so hard to make it work. I also feel guilty that I'm pregnant with his child. I'm happy I'm having another kid but I feel bad for Ryujin" I say.

"Why feel bad for Ryujin? She doesn't care that you're pregnant with Dana's baby" my sister says.

"Because I was hoping my second child would be our first child that we decide together. Not that I'm pregnant and she's stuck helping me raise them" I sigh.

My sister smacks my arm, "You know Ryujin would never say or feel that she's stuck when it comes to your kids. I see how much she adores Eva and its probably gonna be the same with your new baby" she glares at me with her nostrils flaring.

The plane takes off so we stop talking for a few minutes until we were up in the air.

"When did you start thinking about kids with Ryujin? About a week ago, you were ready to end your relationship" my sister gives me a questioning look.

"And if she didn't stay and we ended up breaking up for good. I would have regretted it for the rest of my life. But i don't know when I started it. It would just sometimes cross my mind but lately it's more often" I admit.

I look at her with the biggest smile on her face. "What?" I say

"Nothing. I'm just rooting for you. When you went with Cain, I thought you were gonna ruin it for good" she says to me.

"I feel like if it were anyone else, that would be the case. I don't know how Ryujin is so understanding."

"You know if I wasn't with Travis and I found Ryujin first, I would definitely date her" my sister says.

"Hey!" Travis loudly whispers careful not to wake up Eva. My sister and I laugh.

"I can't lie. I would date Ryujin too" he chuckles.

"Both of you stop. You're making me jealous"  I pout.

"Stupid" they both say.

"Hey!" I say louder than I wanted.

They both laugh at me and I turn my back from them and look out the window instead. I miss Ryujin. I can't wait until we land and I can text her again.

Eva wakes up and crawls her way to my lap. "Are you okay" I ask. She nods her head and lay it on my chest while my arms are around her.

"miss Rujin" she says to me.

I smile thinking about their bond. For the past week, Ryujin would always read Eva a story before bed. It's something Eva looks forward to. She thinks Ryujin is funny and laughs at her a lot.

"I know baby. I miss her too. We will visit her in a few weeks. You can talk to her tonight too" I say.

She pulls away from me and grabs my face, "Mommy pretty."

"Eva is pretty too" I squish her cheeks.

She frowns and crosses her arms at me, "cute."

"I'm sorry. Yes you're cute" I laugh.

She lays her head back on my chest because I think she's getting sleepy again. I hug her and lean back to take a nap myself, hoping when I wake up that we're there already.