chapter 147

We're currently having dinner as a family. Eva has transferred to her new class a few weeks ago and she likes it much better. She said the teacher likes rocks too so she can talk to him about it.

"Ryuda, say ahh" Ervin feeds Ryujin.

He's in the phase right now where he enjoys sharing his food by feeding them. Whether it's real food or not, he will try to feed it to you.

"That taste good" Ryujin does a thumbs up even though he just fed her the same thing she's already eating.

"Mommy, your turn" Ervin feeds me now.

"Mommy, I think Ervin is doing that because he doesn't like what you cooked" Eva comments causing Ryujin to choke on her food.

"Is it bad?" I ask my wife.

"No!" Her eyes widen, "I choked because of what Eva said."

"Mommy, I said Ervin doesn't like it. I didn't say its bad" Eva explains and I just laugh.

Even my own daughter knows that I can perceive things the wrong way. I do really enjoy the fact that she can voice out her thoughts and opinions like that comfortably. She knows that we are her safe space. We explain to her all the time the difference between sharing her opinion and forcing her opinion on someone.

I think she does a really good job with it.

Ervin on the other hand is so unbothered most of the time. The one thing he hates the most is when Eva gets upset with him though. He hates when his sister wants space from him. He will respect her wishes but he will be sulky the whole time they're not talking. He never forces her to talk to him and will actually give her space.

For the most part, the two handles their conflicts on their own. We don't intervene unless we deem it necessary or they ask us to.

"No, that's not true. I like it. See?" Ervin eats a mouthful of the food to prove to me that he likes it.

"It's okay if you don't. It's something new I wanted to try" I smile at him.

"Okay, I don't like it" he puts his spoon down.

"Next time, if you don't like it then tell Mommy, okay?" I say.

"Okay, I didn't want to hurt your feelings because you worked hard while carrying Egg in your belly" Ervin pouts.

That's another thing. Ryujin convinced the two to call their baby sibling, Egg.

"Egg is not fragile, Ervin. I saw mommy put a plate on top of her belly while eating snacks. Egg is more a table" Eva points out.

"I never agreed to calling the baby, Egg" I say.

"Ryuda says demo something so we win" Eva says.

"Demo what?" I look at Ryujin.

"Democracy so you're outnumbered" Ryujin shows that stupidly cute whisker dimples of hers so I can't even argue.

This is what our dinner normally looks like every night. Just a nice and fun conversation with each other then sometimes Ryujin and the kids will team up against me. I really don't mind because I know they're joking.

They take care of me well too so I can't complain. The kids are always sweet to me and making sure that I'm okay. They always keep me company because they don't want me to be lonely.

While watching them laugh with each other, I feel a sudden pressure in my belly and feel wetness down there.

Eva, sitting next to me, "Mommy, you peed" she points at the ground.