chapter 53

Week 3 of looking for a job but again no luck. I also have an appointment today for an ultrasound. Travis took the day off so he can watch Eva and my sister can go with me.

I'm in the car with Karina. "Why do you look so sad?" She ask me.

"I'm not. I just really expected my second pregnancy to be different. I thought I would be married to some guy I actually love. Instead I'm having another child with a guy I hate."

"Don't talk like that. If that was the case then you wouldn't have met Ryujin. You're happy with her right?" Karina ask.

"Yes I am. I'm actually really excited to see her again next week. I'm still really bummed that I don't have a job though" I sigh.

"Stop stressing. You'll find one. Don't rush it. We can help you until you can find one" Karina say to me.

I look out the window and my phone goes off. I answer it since it's Ryujin.

"Hello?" I say.

"Ello, I just wanted to call to say good luck on your appointment today. Is that right? Do you say good luck when people get ultrasounds? I actually don't know" she laughs a little.

I smile and I look at my sister who's smirking because she knows its Ryujin. "It's okay. I think I understand what you're trying to say" I say to Ryujin.

"It's just a check up to see if the baby is doing fine and dandy right?" She ask me.

"Yes. Just to see if her heart beat is normal and such. I wish you were here with me though" I say to Ryujin.

I then look at my sister, "No offense" I sheepishly smile.

She rolls her eyes at me and just continue to drive.

"I wish I was there too but we will get to see each other next week. I'll pick you up at the airport. Would it be easier for you if I get Eva a car seat so you don't have to bring hers? Just send me what kind so I can get it" she says.

"You don't have to. I can just bring hers from here" I say because I didn't want her to spend money.

"Actually I think my sister has Gabe's old car seat still. I'll send you a picture later and see if that will work?"

"Okay" I laugh. I'm still trying to get used to being with someone so thoughtful. It sucks though because she makes it harder to be far away from her.

"Oh and make a list of groceries you need so I can stock up the fridge in the cottage before you get here okay? I have to go. I have a meeting. I love you. Let me know how your appointment goes when it's done. I love you Yeji" Ryujin rambles quickly.

"I love you too. Enjoy your meeting" I hang up.

"What got you smiling like that?" My sister teases.

"Shut up" I say trying not to smile. We arrive at my appointment. We both get out of the car and enter the building. We check in and wait.

"By the way, Ryujin is asking for a list of groceries we might want so she can buy it before we get there" I say to my sister.

"Wow. She's really the best" my sister gives me a thumbs up.

"She is but this long distance is hard" I start to say but she doesn't let me finish what I was trying to say.

She smacks my arm, "You better not be thinking of doing anything stupid and end up losing her for good. Yeji, she treats you well. I know it's not up to me who you end up with but you're clearly happy with her so please before you do anything, think first."

"I didn't say anything. I just said that long distance is hard. I didn't say I would break up with her" I rub my arm where she hit me.

"I just had to make sure because sometimes you don't think. I know you're scared that things are going too well for you but just enjoy it. Not everyone is lucky to find someone who accepts and loves them as they are. You have that with Ryujin. She will literally try to give you everything you want" she says to me and she's right.

The doctor calls us in and I lay down on the bed. She makes small talk which I'm fine with but I'm nervous for some reason. I hope the baby is okay and healthy.

She puts some gel thing on my stomach and my body shivers because it was cold. She puts the contraption on my belly and starts moving it around.

My sister and I look at the screen waiting to see the baby.

"If you see that spot right there, that's your baby. Everything seems to be fine. Heart beat is healthy" she says.

I feel relieved to hear her say that. She wipes off the gel on my stomach and I pull my shirt down. My sister is crying for some reason. The doctor leaves to give us some privacy.

"Why are you crying?" I ask.

"Because this is too beautiful" she continues to cry.

"What's beautiful?" I ask confuse.

I didn't realize that she was holding her phone this whole time. She flips it around so I can see the screen and I see Ryujin's face. I immediately take my sister's phone.

"I thought you had a meeting" I ask with creased brows.

"I did but I thought maybe you needed emotional support but I was too late to call so I called your sister instead. I'm glad to hear the baby is healthy. I'm sorry this is the best I can do right now and I can't be there with you physically" she says.

I feel myself getting emotional now and ready to cry. How can this girl be even more amazing? I didn't even think about doing a video call with her during this. I am happy that she was there even if I didn't know. Even when she's far, she somehow doesn't make me feel lonely.

"This scene is so cute and romantic" my sister cries. I start crying because she's crying.

"Why are you two crying?" I hear Ryujin ask.

"Shut up. We're pregnant" my sister and I say at the same time.

"My bad. I will shut up. Continue with your cries" Ryujin says making us laugh instead.

My god, I love this girl so much.