chapter 43

After Dana and his mom left, the party continues thanks to Ryujin. She somehow got people to feel relaxed again and enjoy themselves.

In the midst of my confrontation, I didn't even realize Ryujin and Travis took the kids in the house so they didn't have to witness what happened. It's so comforting to know that someone always has my back and will do their best not only to protect me but also Eva.

My mom, Karina, Travis, Ryujin and myself are sitting in one table, eating our food. Eva is with the other kids playing while my dad keeps an eye on her.

"Ryujin, you were so cool earlier, the way you laughed just to irritate her more" Travis praises her.

"Nah, I think Yeji was cooler. She never backed down to them. The Yeji I knew before, would have let her talk down on her without fighting" Ryujin looks at me, "I'm proud of you."

"It's thanks to you" I smile back.

"Nope. That's all you. I can't take credit for it. You've always been that strong of a person. You just lost yourself for a while" She says.

"I can't believe you're going home tomorrow. It's so sad. You'll visit us again, right?" Karina says.

"Of course. As long as you welcome me, I'll visit" she smiles at my sister.

"You're free to visit any time" my mom suddenly joins.

"Thank you, Ma'am" Ryujin slightly bow.

"Mom, can Eva sleep in your room tonight? I want to spend some alone time with Ryujin since she's going home tomorrow" I say.

"That's not a problem" my mom nods her head.

"Wow mom, I knew you were gonna adjust and accept Ryujin fully in the future but I didn't expect it to be this soon" Karina laughs.

"How can I not when I just saw her protect Yeji? Yes, I thought she's using Yeji or playing with her but then who would put this much effort on someone they don't really care about?" My mom reasons out.

"Thank you mom" I say.

We hear Eva cry and we immediately run to where she is. My dad is carrying her trying to get her to stop crying. "What happened?" I ask.

"She was running and she must have tripped on her own foot. She has a cut on her knee and elbow" my dad explains.

I take Eva from him and I try to comfort her but I also need to clean up her cuts since its covered in dirt.

I walk to the house and Ryujin follows me. I go to the bathroom and sit Eva on the sink. I grab a towel and soak it in water. "This might hurt, okay?" I say to Eva while she cries even more.

I start cleaning her cuts and she starts screaming. "Hey, Eva. Look at me, you're gonna be okay. It won't hurt that much. You're a big girl, remember? You can do this" Ryujin says.

Eva calms down a little while looking at Ryujin. She's sobbing still and tears are still falling down her face but she's letting me clean her up without a fight.

"After your party, we can watch a movie? Play with your toys? Eat ice cream? With your mommy's permission" she continues on, making me laugh.

"All done" I say and I throw the towel in the sink and pick up Eva.

"Thank you" I say to Ryujin.

Eva raises her arms and reaches out for Ryujin, "Rujin. Up" Eva says.

I hand her to Ryujin and she gladly accepts Eva. She holds one of Eva's hand, "You did so well. These boo boos will heal in no time" she gives Eva her biggest smile.

Eva wraps her arms around Ryujin's neck and Ryujin completely hugs Eva. The sight makes me want to cry. I was a bit worried how Eva and Ryujin were gonna get along. I was worried that maybe Eva won't like her. I know she's still young but as a mother, that's something you still fear.

Ryujin lets Eva stay like that while rubbing her back. "I think Eva is over the party" Ryujin suddenly say to me.

I look at her confuse, "What?"

"Eva fell asleep. I can feel her drool on my shoulder" she chuckles

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry" I say trying to take Eva from her.

"It's okay. I'll tell your family she's asleep" Ryujin says while handing me Eva and giving me a kiss on my head.

She leaves and I go to my room to change Eva's diaper and into her pajamas. I take her to my mom's room to see her already waiting. "Why are you here already?" I ask surprise.

"Ryujin says Eva is asleep and you asked me if she could sleep here so I was just preparing the bed" she says to me.

"Where's Ryujin now?" I ask.

"Last I saw her, she was talking to Karina" she says taking Eva from me. I nod and give Eva a good night kiss then went back to my room.

I wash up and get ready for bed. I'm still in my underwear when the door opens. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry" Ryujin shuts the door right away and I cover myself, feeling embarrassed.

I put on my pajamas. "I'm dressed" I yell out. She slowly enters while looking down.

"I'm so sorry. I should have knocked" she quickly apologizes.

"It's okay. You can look at me" I softly laugh.

"Did you not like seeing me that way?" I feel a burst of confidence inside me.

"I uh. Yea. I mean... is it hot in here?" She looks around.

I laugh at her,"Get ready for bed so we can cuddle."

While she gets ready, I feel my heart beat going fast. Where did that confidence come from? I take deep breaths.

I feel the bed shift and I look at Ryujin to see she already has her arms open so we can cuddle.

I cuddle myself into her with my head on her chest, "I don't want you to leave tomorrow" I say sadly.

"I know. I don't wanna go either but we will see each other again soon. We will talk everyday or even video chat if you want" she says, rubbing my back.

"What were you talking to my sister about?" I ask curiously.

"That we have to keep a secret for a bit" she says to me.

I look up at her, "You're keeping secrets from me now?"

"Just temporarily but it's nothing bad, I promise and you will know soon" she says.

"Fine" I pout.

"Stop that. You're too cute" she chuckles.

We spend the rest of the night talking and occasionally kissing. I can't believe I feel so attached to her. It's gonna hurt so much seeing her leave tomorrow. I didn't think meeting her in person would make me fall so deep in love with her.