chapter 135

A week passed and Ryujin has started the process to adopt Eva and Ervin. The Shins are definitely excited to legally welcome the kids into their family. They're actually planning a party to celebrate once it's final.

Lia and Chaeryeong are excited too and made jerseys that have the name Shin on the back.

I never imagined that so many people would love my kids like this. Even my parents are so close to them despite being far away. They video chat almost everyday. John and my mom would even read them stories and even act out the stories in the call. It's so cute.

My dad doesn't call as often. To this day, he still blames himself for what my aunt did to me. I've told him that I didn't really blame him for it but he doesn't listen. He does send us gifts a lot, mainly for the kids like toys or clothes.

Right now though, I'm with Travis in the mall.

"Why are you buying another ring?" I ask.

He dragged me here to buy my sister another engagement ring.

"Because I'm planning to actually marry your sister now" he focuses on the display that has the engagement rings.

"Really? Why did you even wait this long?" I ask.

"Help me look for a ring first then I'll buy you food and you can ask all the questions you want" he says looking stressed.

"Okay okay" I say while looking at the rings now.

"Well do you have any idea of what you want the ring to look like?" I ask.

"If I knew then I wouldn't ask you to come help me" he sighs.

"I'm sorry. I just think I screwed up a lot this time" he adds.

"Okay, explain later, find a ring" I say instantly because I know it's really serious because he's never been this serious in all the years I've known him and that's a long time.

"What about this?" I point at a square cut diamond ring.

"Ehh" he kind of hisses, "I'm not a fan of square cuts. They look tacky to me and I don't think it would look good on Karina's hand."

"Hmm" I walk over to another display case.

"Why don't you try to get away from a conventional ring? That's what Ryujin did for mine. Look" I gesture him to come to me to show my ring, "There's empty slots so if we have more kids then I can add their birth stone in it."

"How did she become so clever?" Travis finally chuckles.

"I really don't know but do something different" I say.

"I don't think I have the time. I need the ring as soon as possible. Creating a custom ring could take weeks" he says.

"Does my sister even know you're out buying a ring?" I ask.

"Nope, she's at work so it's a perfect time to get away"

"Umm your child?" I question him.

"Lia and Chaeryeong are babysitting."

"How about a princess cut like this?" He points at the ring he's looking at.

"Oh that's really pretty. I think she will like that" I say.

"Then we will go with this one" he says loudly while trying to give me a high five.

He informed the guy working which one he wanted and paid for it. We waited for a few minutes so they can wrap it for him.

While leaving the jewelry store, "So where do you want to eat? My treat for joining me in this adventure."

"Anywhere. I'm not picky. What are you in the mood for?" I ask.