chapter 101

"We're breaking up." I say.

"But why?"

"Because I don't love you anymore!" I shout.

"Yeji, what are you doing?" My sister ask.

"I'm watching TV. Mom and John took the kids out to play so I thought I'd watch TV" I say to her. Sometimes when watching TV, I like to be a part of the show so I'll just join their conversation even if they can't hear me.

It's been a few months since Ryujin went back to Michigan. We text and call each other all day but it's still hard. I yearn for her touch and scent. She makes me feel safe so some days is hard for me now that she's not here.

She informed me that she did turn in the forms as soon as she arrived back home but sadly it could take months to get approved. I did fill out a form on my end here too that relates to getting that fiancé visa.

I also had to undergo a medical examination. It's a requirement to make sure you're healthy. I also have an interview in the embassy coming up which I'm really nervous about. It's really what's gonna determine whether I get approve or not.

"How's Ryujin?" My sister ask.

"Annoying" I roll my eyes.

"Why?"

"Because she's not here with me" I cross my arms.

"Oh my god. I thought she actually did something wrong" my sister shakes her head.

"How's the wedding planning going?" She's full of questions right now.

"It's going. I can't do much here but thankfully Lia is helping me with it. It's hard to plan for a wedding with no wedding date so it's hard to book anyone so that's been really stressful" I say.

"Karina, can I ask you something? And be honest with it, don't try to spare my feelings."

"Go ahead."

"Am I being ridiculous for wanting an actual wedding right now? I know she said we can do the court house thing first but I feel like it won't be the same, you know? I always imagined my first wedding and court house is not what I picture" I tell her.

"I don't think it's ridiculous. What does Ryujin say about it?" She ask instead.

"You know her. She's trying to do everything she can to give me what I want. I did mention that I'll be okay with the court house if that's the only choice" I say.

"Then continue with what you're doing now. If down the line, it doesn't work out, you always have the court house wedding to fall back on. Plan the wedding how you want and make it memorable" she smiles at me.

"I find it funny though that Ryujin's ex is helping you with the wedding planning" she laughs.

"She's really sweet. Tiny but sweet" I say.

"Where's Travis?" I ask.

"He's talking to Ryujin on the phone, asking questions about woodworking?" My sister says, unsure.

"What? Is that why Ryujin is not texting me back because your baby daddy is stealing her from me?" I gasp.

Karina laughs but she suddenly winces in pain while holding her stomach.

"Are you okay?" I go closer to her.

"I think so. I think the baby just kicked me really hard" she's doing some deep exhales.

I give her a worried look.

"It's fine, it's been going on for a while today" she explains but she holds her stomach, clearly still in pain.