chapter 129

"Mommy, do I really have to put this on?" Eva frowns while holding a life vest.

"Yes. If you want to go with Gabe and Ryujin then you have to wear it" I sternly say.

Gabe asked Ryujin if they could go fishing since it's their hang out time but this time Eva wants to join them since she's never gone fishing before.

Gabe really looks up to Ryujin. The things he's interested in are the same thing that Ryujin likes. It might just be how he is but Rosé thinks its Ryujin's influence.

Whenever Gabe sees something funny or something interesting happens, Ryujin will be the first person he will share it with. Since he's older now, he's getting to the point where he's talking back when he doesn't agree or like something but he never talks back to Ryujin. Whatever Ryujin says, he always believes.

There was one time where Gabe was talking about something related to cars and his mom, Lisa, was trying to explain to him why it's not like that and he would argue with her but then Ryujin says the same thing and he believes it. It's honestly really cute.

"You're not going?" Eva ask.

"No, I have to stay and watch Ervin" I explain.

"Can't Ervin go?" Eva pouts.

"He can't. He's still little and you're gonna be on a fishing boat. Not the big boats that Grandpa has" I kiss her cheek.

"You're gonna have fun with ryuda and Gabe" I smile.

"Ryuda got me a SpongeBob fishing pole" Eva is now showing excitement.

"Knock knock" Ryujin walks in.

"You ready, Princess?" Ryujin squats in front of Eva.

"I'm not a princess. I'm a queen" Eva crosses her little arms.

"Oh, I'm sorry. But if you're a queen then what does that make mommy?" Ryujin questions.

"She's a queen too" Eva answers.

"Oh? I have two queens?" Ryujin pretends to be confuse.

"Yes!" Eva loudly answers causing Ryujin and I to laugh.

Ryujin faces me, "Are you sure you're gonna be okay here alone? We'll be gone for a few hours."

"Yes, I'll be fine. Just make sure she doesn't drown" I tease.

"I would never let my queen drown" Ryujin seriously say.

"Okay okay. Now go" I kiss her then I tap her cheek.

"Ew" Eva says with a disgusted look.

"What? Do you want kisses too?" Ryujin stands up then picks up Eva.

"No!" Eva tries to move her head as far as possible from Ryujin's face, afraid of a sudden kiss.

"Okay, I won't kiss you. Do you want me to put you down?" Ryujin ask and Eva shakes her head.

Ryujin and I have been teaching Eva more about boundaries. If she doesn't like a hug or kisses or if she doesn't want to be touched in any way, we encourage her to inform us or anyone that she doesn't want that. We want her to grow up and be able to comfortably say no to people.

Even as a kid, we want their boundaries respected. So we tell her that just because their family, it doesn't mean that they can just hug her or kiss her whenever. She has the right to say no if she doesn't want it.

It was hard for me at first to teach Eva that since I was never good at speaking up but Ryujin has really helped me a lot. It's something that she's done with Gabe since he was younger so she's more experienced than I am. I honestly never thought of teaching Eva that.