chapter 111

The wedding is in a few days and my family just arrived to Michigan. Ryujin and Lisa went to go pick them up since I'm not really feeling 100% today. I haven't been sleeping well, I get so worried for the wedding.

I wanted to take this time while Ryujin is away to practice my song that I'm gonna sing for her at the wedding. I wanted to return the favor for when she sang for me.

She's done so many romantic gestures for me so I want to do the same.

Yuna, Lia and Chaeryeong barge into my room while I'm trying to change my clothes.

"Couldn't you guys knock?" I finish dressing up.

"Dang, for a woman who's had two kids, your body still looking good" Chaeryeong comments.

The three sit on the couch that's in the room.

"Let Ryujin hear that and see what happens" Lia laughs.

"Pssh like she can go against Chaeryeong. They tease each other but in the end Ryujin is soft towards Chaeryeong" Yuna laughs as well.

"It's because I'm cute" Chaeryeong winks.

"What did you guys want?" I stop their conversation.

"We just wanted to see how you're doing? Excited for the wedding? Or are things too fast?" Lia ask.

"I want to say thank you again first to you Lia. You've done majority of the heavy work for this wedding" I say.

"Not a problem. I am Ryujin's best friend" Lia smirks at Chaeryeong.

"You wish. I'm her best friend" Chaeryeong argues.

"Why can't you both be her best friend?" I ask.

"We really don't have an answer for that" Lia says.

"How are you holding up with this wedding thing?" Chaeryeong ask.

"Honestly, right now I'm more excited than nervous. Ryujin is gonna be my wife. How amazing does that sound?" I chuckle.

"Are you keeping your last name?" Lia ask.

"Ryujin and I talked about it. She said she's willing to change her last name but I said I'd like to change mine but she also offered that we don't have to change our names" I answer.

"How come you want to change your name instead of keeping it?" Yuna ask.

"It might sound dumb and old school" I say.

"We won't judge. Well, Chaeryeong might but still tell us" Lia claps.

"Well you know how I was with guys before Ryujin."

"Boooo. Ewww" the three gives me thumbs down while booing.

I laugh, "Anyways, as a little girl I always saw myself taking my husband's last name. It's something I looked forward to. I don't know why. I guess it's the feeling of finally becoming as one with them. I couldn't wait to be Mrs. Whatever—"

"That would be a terrible name" Yuna interrupts me.

"Yuna, Yeji was still talking" Lia scolds her.

"Sorry, go ahead" Yuna chuckles.

"And I realize how is it different than with Ryujin? Besides your family is actually more accepting of us aside from your grandpa than my family. I'd be honored to become a Shin" I say.

"I say keep it. Woman power" Lia sternly say.

"Ryujin is a woman too, dumbass" Chaeryeong glares at her.