Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: 7 Deadly Sins Theory

(Not an official update but tell me what you guys think)

Alright so we're all fans of theories right? Some like to debunk them to see if there right, wrong, or in between, some just like to believe them just because. Me, I myself like to try to find evidence to a theory that I think is either super true or complete bulls*it! Now, I remember looking at theories from Spongebob Squarepants and there was one that could be super true and that was that all the main characters represent the 7 Deadly Sins. Spongebob is Lust, Plankton is Envy, Sandy is Pride, Gary is Gluttony, Squidward is Wrath, and Mr. Krabs is Greed(Duh!).

This actually inspired me to come up with my own similar theory, except the movie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, came to mind and I began to believe that each character represents the 7 Deadly Sins themselves. Veruca Salt is Greed since she's the spoiled rich brat, Mike Teavee is Wrath since he plays violent video games and seems to have a pretty short temper at times, Augustus Gloop is Gluttony since we see him eating most of the time, Violet Beauregard is Pride since she thrives off being the best all around and is an over achiever. However, there was an argument I had with a YouTuber, when I commented my theory on YouTube a while back, on Charlie Bucket when I said that he represents Lust. Okay biblically speaking, yes lust does mean a sexual desire but that's both a yes and a no. According to Vocabulary.com, "Lust is a strong, powerful desire, whether it's a noun or verb: you lust for things you deeply crave"(Vocabulary.com). The point is that lust doesn't have to regard to anything sexual necessarily but rather something you truly do desire about.

With Charlie, he wants the best for his family since he and his family live a very poor life. I mean, Charlie is known for being the poorest kid in town. Charlie does have a craving for Willy Wonka's famous chocolate but the thing he desires more than chocolate is the best for his family. His dad does work but he doesn't make enough money to provide for his family and was laid off after they had gotten machines to do his job for him. What makes me believe that Charlie represents lust is the fact that he desire for his family to live a better life. He even turned down Willy Wonka's offer to become an heir to the chocolate factory once Wonka revealed that only Charlie could come and not his family along with him because if his family can't come with Charlie, then it's an offer that Charlie has to refuse. So this is why I believe that Charlie represents lust.

You're probably gonna ask; "What about Willy Wonka himself?". Now I feel like Wonka is a bit easy himself. I wanna say due to the fact that he didn't have a great relationship with his dad growing up and he grew sad at the fact that Charlie picked his family over his offer and the fact that he gets flashbacks about his dad when he saw the other kids with their parents, I wanna say Willy Wonka definitely represents Envy. Now try to convince me otherwise!

But this is my theory here, tell me what you guys think.

My resource

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/lust