Imagine the K-drama Dudes as daycare kids

Note: The guys are at the ages of 4 to 5 years old

It was a warm spring day in South Korea. Little Wookie was on his way to school with his best friend Ji-cheol.

“What do you think is gonna happen today?” Wookie asked.

“I don’t maybe the same stuff.” Ji-cheol replied as they both continued to skip their way to the daycare center. When they got there, they went inside and put their belongings in their cubbies. 

“Hi Wookie, hi Ji-cheol!” They heard a cheerful voice. They both turned around to see their other friends, JJ and Hae.

“Hi guys, are you all ready for another day of fun?” Wookie asked.

“Yea!” JJ exclaimed. “maybe we can play Squid Game during recess today.”

“Only if I get to play defense.” Hae added in. JJ chuckled as he hugged Hae tight.

“You will.” JJ assured. All of a sudden, there was the sound of a woman’s voice ringing the room.

“Kids, it’s time to gather around.” The woman said as all of the kids sat on the alphabetical rug in a circle. In the center of them was the woman who was their teacher and right next to her was a little chubby Indian boy.

“Good morning class.” The teacher greeted.

“Good morning sunsaengnim!” All the kids said in unison.

“Today we have a new student joining us.” The teacher said referring to the little Indian boy who hid behind the teacher’s legs. “it’s okay darling.” The little Indian boy slowly walked away from the teacher’s legs.

“M-my name is Anupam but my mommy calls me Pam Pam.” The Indian boy began. “I am from India and me and my mommy moved here a few months ago.” Anupam then sat down in the circle with everyone else as the teacher spoke.

“Alright everyone, you know how your first days are so please make Anupam feel welcome here.” The teacher said.

“Yes sunsaengnim.” The kids said in sync.

“Now it’s morning reading time so find you a partner to read with.” The teacher ordered. Wookie paired up with Ji-cheol, JJ paired up with Hae, their other friends Joon and Sung also paired up with each other. During reading time, Wookie noticed that Anupam was reading by himself.

“Why is he reading by himself?” Ji-cheol asked.

“Beats me.” Wookie replied. “maybe we can ask if he wants to read with us.” Wookie got up and walked towards Anupam.

“Hey, why are you reading all by yourself?” Wookie asked.

“I...have no one to pair up with.” Anupam replied quietly.

“Do you wanna read with us?” Wookie asked referring to him and Ji-cheol.

“R-really?” Anupam asked. Wookie nodded his head as he grabbed his hand and led him to where he and Ji-cheol were sitting at.

“I’m Wookie and this is Ji-cheol.” Wookie introduced. Anupam shyly waved.

“So what’s it like back in India?” Ji-cheol asked.

“It’s nice there.” Anupam replied. “I do miss being there.”

“Don’t worry, here in South Korea, it’s fun here.” Wookie assured Anupam.

“Yeah, even here.” Ji-cheol added in. “our teacher is really nice and we get to go outside to the playground to play our favorite game Squid Game.” Anupam tilted his head in confusion.