K-drama Dudes Preferences: You are an orphaned child

Gong Yoo

It was a rainy day outside. Ji-cheol was hurrying home from a long day of work.

"I knew I should've brought my umbrella." Ji-cheol thought to himself. While he was walking, he tripped over something and fell.

"Dammit!" He grunted out as he got up.

"Sir, are you alright?" He heard a small child voice ask. He looked up to see you covered in mud and holding a dirty teddy bear then got up.

"Yes? Where are your parents kid?" Ji-cheol asked.

"They went away and never came back..." You began. "...they said that they'll come back for me in a week but it has been 3 weeks." Ji-cheol knelt down to your level.

"What all have you've been eating? Did you even eat at all?" Ji-cheol asked feeling concerned. "When was the last time you ate?"

"I...really don't remember." You replied. "But, I can't help but wake up to the sharp pains in my stomach everytime." Ji-cheol felt his heart drop as he looked at the wet and dirty box that you were sleeping in then back at you.

"Listen, my house is only a few blocks down..." Ji-cheol began. "...I can let you stay there until we can find your parents." You were anxious.

"I'm sorry but my mommy told me not to go anywhere with strangers." You reasoned.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." Ji-cheol assured. "I just don't want to see you out here getting sick and hungry." You were nervous but you relunctantly agreed because you were pretty hungry. Ji-cheol picked you up and carried you to his house. When you got there, you were eating like you haven't eaten in days, which was the case. Ji-cheol just watched you eat, feeling happy that he was taking care of you.

"How old are you?" Ji-cheol asked.

"I'm 7 years old sir." You replied. Ji-cheol couldn't bring up the thought someone abandoning a 7 year old child.

"And you said that your parents have been gone for 3 weeks?" Ji-cheol asked. You nodded your head confirming it. Ji-cheol sighed as he got up to phone the police.

"Yes, hello, I would like to report child abandonment...a 7 year old...was living in a box a few blocks from my house...okay...bye." Ji-cheol hung up the phone then looked to see your face bright red. He hurried over once you felt like you were gonna faint then caught you before you hit the floor. Ji-cheol felt your forehead to feel the heat coming off your forehead.

"Uh oh, you're coming down with something." Ji-cheol said. Ji-cheol wrapped you up in a blanket and put on his coat and he grabbed his umbrella this time then carried you out the house to a nearby hospital. When you got there, you was laying in the hospital bed while Ji-cheol sat next to you. A nurse came in.

"Sir, may I please speak to you outside?" The nurse asked. Ji-cheol stepped outside the hospital room to talk to the nurse.

"Sir, how long your child has been outside?" The nurse asked feeling concerned.

"Okay listen, that's not my child..." Ji-cheol began."...that parents abandoned the child for 3 weeks and I found the kid in a wet box today."

"Well I'm glad you found this kid and took the kid here because this kid is very sick." The nurse said. "If the child was out in the open for more than one more week, chances of dying would've increased." Ji-cheol felt really happy that he found you and took you here.

"Well then I'm glad I found this child." Ji-cheol sighed out as he looked to see you sleeping peacefully in the hospital bed. He smiled as he walked back into the room, which woke you up.