Steve- Family Video

I walk into Family Video, hoping to rent out a new movie to watch alone tonight.

I breathe in the scent of popcorn, plastic and, aftershave?

I turn around to see a figure behind me, tall and slim, with absolutely flawless hair, wow what shampoo does he use?

"Hey, my names Steve, can I help you with anything?" He asks, attempting to lean on a nearby shelf until it creaks and he removed his elbow.

I laugh, entertained by his theatrics.

"Hey, I'm Y/N, I'm just looking for a new movie to watch tonight" I say, nodding at the shelves of videos.

"Alone? Or with a friend?" Steve asks, his eyebrows raising.

I smile, "Alone" I say.

"Ah, well I can definitely give you some reccomendations" Steve sahs, briefly turning around and giving a thumbs up to a girl my age at the desk.

I look at him quizzically, before turning around and scanning the shelves.

"What's your go to genre Y/N?" He asks, walking to the other side of the shelf and peekinf over it at me.

"I'm more of a horror lover myself, you know, all the aliens attacking and everyone but a select few being oblivious to it all" I reply.

Steve's smile drops momentarily, before it's back up and I end up swooning over his face.

"Yeah, well maybe you should try something a bit more..." Steve begins saying, but loses his words.

"Happier? Less morbid and more brighter?" I joke.

Steve clicks his fingers and winks, I blush but luckily he's bent down to scan the shelves for something.

"Here!" He says, jumping up as I peek over the shelf, "Everyone loves this one" He says, passing me The Never-ending Story.

I look up and smile, "Alright, I'll give it a go".

"My friend Dustin is a huge fan, so I'm promising you this won't let you down" He says, guiding me to the checkout.

I grab a bag of popcorn from the side and put it on the desk.

"Do you mean Dustin Henderson?" I ask with a smile.

"Yeah?" Steve replies, looking a little worried.

"Ah I used to babysit him when he was younger!" I tell him, Steve breaks out into a grin.

"Tell me all his embarrassing stories" Steve asks, leaning on the desk.

We stay and talk for around thirty minutes before Steve finally asks "Do you wanna grab some food with me?".

I nod and we plan a time and place.