CAMPAIGN- PART ONE

You sit on a line table in Hawkins High cafeteria, the sound of chatter filling your ears as you stare at the pages of your book, awkwardly shifting from side to side as you sit alone.

You've only been at Hawkins High for a week, so there's no wonder you haven't made any friends yet. Or at least that's what you tell yourself.

You causally look up, and spot the regular group of outcasts, wearing their iconic Hellfire tees at their table. You've seen the way they're treated, and you hate it. If you had the confidence and more tolerance for being social, you might have even gone to sit with them.

At the head of the table is who you assume is the leader of the group, holding up a magazine in front of his face, reading out loud to his fellow friends. A pang of jealously shoots through you, and so you turn your head down back to your novel.

A few brief moments of peace pass by and all of a sudden the boy shouts, standing on the table making comments about the different social groups and how conformity is killing the kids. You could hold your book up to that statement, since you don't feel very welcomed by anyone.

You watch, absolutely invested in his passion, even when he comes near your table, you're too lost in what he's saying to realise he's literally in front of you, though his back is turned and you get a glimpse of his denim vest. Nice patches.

You lopk him up and down over fhe top of your book, admitting to yourself that he's definitely your type, not that you'd ever say it out loud.

"This is my year, 86 baby!" He says happily, and you smile at his words, his friends laugh at him but you can see he's really meaning it.

Before you can look away quick enough, the boy slowly turns around and his brown eyes meet yours.