CAMPAIGN- PART TWENTY NINE

Author note: Ahh so this is the part we all dread and sobbed at. For this part, I've written alternative outcomes, a sad one and a happy one, there will be a marker when it's time to choose. It's down to you to decide Eddie's fate...

You scream Eddie's name as you stand in shock, unable to move, unable to think.

You see the moment the bats finally catch up to him, knocking him off of the bike. Tears fill your vision as your whole body shakes, your legs tremble as you force yourself to move.

Eddie gets up, and turns around, holding up his shield and shouting as the bats come at him.

He's buying you all time, you realise.

Suddenly your whole body is wracked with pain, you fall to the floor, gasping for air. It subsides within a minute or two, but it was excruciating. At the back of your mind, you somehow know that Vecna is injured, but not dead.

You lift your head up and see the bats flying away...and Eddie is just lying on the floor, hurt. Dustin comes limping out of the trailer, somehow the loyal little shit found a way back to you both.

"God dammit Henderson" You shout, running after him and towards Eddie.

SAD FATE:
You both make it to Eddie, but he's covered in blood and bite marks, flesh torn as blood leaks out of his mouth.

"We need to get you out of here man" Dustin says with desperation.

"I just need a minute. I didn't run away this time" Eddie splutters as silent tears stream down your face.

"You're gonna be okay Munson, you still need to teach me how to play D&D, still need to teach me guitar, and we still need to go on a date and make things official" You cry, voice wavering.

"You heard that earlier, huh?" Eddie gurgles, a bloody smile forms.

You let out a watery laugh and nod, "Let's just make it official now, yeah?"

"You have really shitty timing" Eddie says, his head falling back as Dustin cries.

"No, I don't, we have the rest of our lives" You whine, a sob forming.

Eddie gurgles blood again and takes an unsteady breath, "I'm in love with you Y/N"

You grab his hand and the sob let's loose, "I love you too Eddie"

"And you Hendederson, I love you man" Eddie mumbles, giving the world one last Munson smile as his breathing stops. You lean over his body as sobs wrack you and Dustin screams Eddie's name.

Here's the happy ending:

You and Dustin run to Eddie, you fall onto your knees as you analyse Eddie's injuries.

Harsh, but not fatal.

"Damn you Munson" You shout as you hug Eddie's body.

"For a minute there I thought I was a goner" Eddie grunts as you help him sit up.

"We need to move in case more come back" Dustin says, tears in his eyes.

"I didn't run away this time" Eddie proudly says with a smile, you nod and kiss him, gently easing him up with Dustins help.

The three of you make it back to the trailer, falling down on the mattress to wait for the others.

"Hey Eddie?" You say once he's settled.

"Yeah?"

"I love you"

Eddie stills for a moment before busting into a grin, "Guess what? I love you too".

You roll your eyes at his jokey manner, and kiss him gently, "I was so scared" You whisper, eyes filling with tears.

Eddie brushes them away, nodding at your proclamation, "I'm sorry, I just knew I had to protect you".

The others come back a short time later, freaking out at Eddie's injuries as you all help to get him safely through the gate before patching him up.