Eddie- Firework Show

"Are you comfortable?" Eddie asks, looking down at you with a smile.

You shrug, gripping the railing on the boat deck that overlooks Lovers Lake whilst balancing your butt, praying to God that you don't fall into the cold, dark water.

Eddie's arms hold you close to his chest, adding extra security making sure that doesn't happen. His warmth blends in with yours as your breath fogs up in the November air.

Wordlessly, he hands you your hot chocolate he brought you from the local diner to go.

"Here we go" He mumbles into your ear as the first batch of fireworks shoot up into the air, shrieking before exploding into a variation of colour, the flashes light up Lovers Lake making it look magical.

You watch with amazement, "Aren't they pretty?" You look up to Eddie with a grin.

He nods, his eyes already on you as a smile tilts his lips, you look back to the ongoing display as Eddie rests his chin on the top of your head, you lean back savouring the moment.

When it's all over and smoke clouds the air, Eddie lifts you off of the railing and back onto the wooden deck, keeping an arm around your shoulders as the other tightens your scarf for you.

"Wasn't that the best display you've ever seen?" You exclaim, as excited as a child.

"Yes sweetheart, but wait until New Year's" He laughs, leading you back to his car.

"Think Rick will splash out a bit more so we can get sparklers?" You smile, leaning into his shoulder and looking up into his eyes.

He laughs and nods as he bends down, placing a kiss on your cold nose. "We should get you home before your body parts start falling off"

Laughing, you wiggle your fingers at him as he gently nips them, making you squeal.

"I love you" He tells you as you finally approach his van.

"I love you too" You respond, letting out a yawn as he opens the door for you, making sure you get in okay.