Eddie- Too Much ♡

TW: Heavy drug taking, almost overdose.

You notice Eddie isn't at school today, which is not overly unusual since he sometimes skips classes to read or just avoid the conformity of high school, but what is unusual is the fact he didn't let you know.

All day you worry about him, wondering if he's okay and where he is, so after school you decide to visit his trailer and check up on him.

You knock on the front door, but there's no answer even though his van is parked out front. You know his uncle isn't home as Eddie once told you his uncle works evenings and nights as it pays more.

"Eddie?" You shout. Still no answer.

You take a breath and open the door, and notice the whole trailer smells of weed and a slight tinge of vomit.

"Eddie, are you in here?" You call out, unexpectedly you receive a small groan from Eddie's bedroom, one of pain or illness.

Your head swivels towards his room as you quickly to to see him. Eddie lies on his bed, blankets rumpled and empty drug packets scattered, there's also empty beer cans and a pile of vomit on Eddie's top, he looks very pale and sweaty.

"Shit!" You gasp, immediately running to put out the cigarette and lift Eddie up, dragging him to the bathroom and into the shower.

"What have you done?" You ask rhetorically, worry lacing your voice as Eddie's half lidded eyes squint up at you.

"Are you real?" He mumbles, a heavy arm tries to reach for you but he grunts at the effort.

"Why did you take so much?" You snap, turning on the shower to a lukewarm temperature as you take off his vomit covered top and with effort, his jeans, then grabbing him a glass of water.

He can barely move his arms so you out the glass to his lips as he sips, his eyes opening up a bit more slowly. The drugs must be wearing off.

"I-I'm s-sorry" He mumbles, a shiver wracking his body as you cup his cheek with your hand, "It's fine, let's just get you cleaned up".

You leave him sitting in the shower in just his underwear as you change his sheets and clean up as best you can.

You hear a stumble as you finish making his bed and turn around to see him leaning agasint the doorway.

"Eddie, be careful" You frown, heading over to him and wrapping his arm around you so you can support him.

"Bit too late for that sweetheart" He drawls, stumbling to his bed and collapsing on it with a huff.

You tuck the covers up to his chin and sit next to him on the bed, "Gonna tell me what this was all about?" You ask.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now" He replies, shaking his head as his eyes close. His hand somehow finds yours as he squeezes it, making sure you're still there and not part of his imagination.

"Okay, but you've got to promise me this won't happen again" You scold, leaning over his face.

He opens one eye and nods, "I swear on my life"

You nod and kiss his forehead, stroking his hair as he falls asleep, "I'll be here when you wake up".