Eddie- Drown Out The World

I do consider myself a very introverted person, preferring the company of a good book and my Walkman over people, or at least most people.

When it comes to Eddie, he somehow knows what I'm feeling and what to do. Such as today, since the last few days I've had to speak to more people than usual thanks to a stupid group project at school.

So Eddie thoughtfully packed some essentials and asked if I wanted to go for a walk in the woods to clear my head.

"Is here good?" Eddie asks as he points to a clearing, where there's a good mixture of shade and sunlight.

I nod and give him a smile, "It's good."

We both sit down, leaning against the tree as I close my eyes, listening to the birds chirping and the light sway of the trees. I focus on the smell of wood and pine, the sweeter tones of the flowers and the moisture in the air. Without realising, I'm grinning like an idiot.

"That's adorable" Eddie murmurs, which makes me open my eyes to scowl at him, it doesn't last long as I let out a small laugh.

"Do you want to lie down?" Eddie softly asks, patting his legs.

I give another nod, as I carefully lie down in Eddie's lap on my side, watching the clearing and hoping to spot some animals.

"Are you okay like this?" I ask Eddie, slightly worried I'm crushing his skinny legs.

"I'm all good sweetheart" Eddie mumbles, as his hands begin to dig into my hair and scratch my scalp in a comforting way, I let out a small yawn.

"I'm sorry I have to drown out the world like this" I say randomly, finally apologising since I know Eddie is kind of an ambivert.

"Don't ever be sorry for being yourself, people are hard work, plus I love these little dates" Eddie says back with sincerity. 

"Eddie, you're my favourite person" I tiredly admit, my eyes slowly closing as my body basks in the sunlight like a lazy cat.

Eddie lets out a chuckle, before replying "You're my favourite person too."

I finally close my eyes, as Eddie continues to play with my hair, quietly humming a Black Sabbath song as I fall asleep.