Eddie- Don't Leave

Eddie carries a duffel bag and throws it into his van, closing the door behind him.

"Eddie!" I shout, running out of my trailer and towards him, my breath comes short from the quick rushing around I did getting dressed.

Eddie stops and turns around, his eyebrows furrow together in confusion as he squints at me, the early morning sun shines in his eyes.

I finally stop in front of Eddie, doubling over for breath as I hold out a hand, signalling that I need a minute.

Eddie sighs and crosses his arms, "What are you doing?"

I stand up straight, copying him by crossing my arms. "You can't leave." I say a little louder than anticipated.

Eddie gives me a blank look and stares at me as I continue, "Please don't leave, I know Hawkins doesn't offer much and I'm no picnic, but you're my best friend, you can't just leave, it's like, illegal!"

Eddie uncrosses his arms, his mouth tilting up as he takes a step towards me, closing the space between us. I'm forced to look up at him as his toes meet mine.

"What's it to you if I do leave?" He asks smugly.

My mouth opens and closes, as I process the question and figure out how to respond. Fuck it, I'm gonna have to tell him the truth.

"I love you." I mumble, looking over his shoulder to avoid his eyes.

Eddie's breath catches and I expect some sort of heartfelt reaction, instead he lets out a low chuckle, which turns into a laugh.

My face flames as he laughs in my face, making me feel stupid and embarrassed.  "Really? Fine, then leave if you're going to be like that!" I angrily say, immediately wanting to take back the words. I turn on my heel and stomp away, wishing the Earth would swallow me up.

"Y/n!" Eddie calls, running up to me and grabbing my shoulder, I turn around and suddenly Eddie's lips meet mine in a harsh yet passionate kiss.

His arms hold onto my waist as my hands rummage through his hair, pulling him closer to me.

"I wasn't laughing at you," Eddie mumbles between the kiss, "I was just shocked, I've been waiting so long to hear that."

I gently push him back as his hands stay on my waist. "So you aren't going to leave now, right?" I ask in a meek voice.

Eddie smirks at me, "I wasn't leaving anyway, I was just going to hang out at Rick's for the week."

My eyes widen as I take in Eddie's words, "But yesterday you said..." I lead off.

"Yeah, I said I wanted to leave here, as in the trailer park, at least for now anyway." Eddie clears up.

"Oh" I weakly say as Eddie pulls me towards him, his mouth moves closer to my ear as he mumbles "Sweetheart, I wouldn't leave you without saying goodbye."

I smile and gently slap his shoulder, "As if I'd let you anyway."

Eddie's arms squeeze me into a hug as the sun slowly rises, and I press a kiss to Eddie's cheek, "Stay."

Eddie nods, "Forever."