Eddie - Fighting Over You

"Come on man, she doesn't deserve to be with someone like you" Steve drunkenly  rambles as he looks between you and Eddie.

"Steve, just leave it" You mumble to your ex, biting your lip as tension fills the cabin where you all decided to have a little get together with Rick's permission.

"No Y/N, you should be with someone who can actually give you a future, not some trailer trash druggie who can't even-" Steve rasies his voice, prowling towards Eddie who's standing up, his face pure anger.

You manage to step in between the two before they can fight, but Eddie begins shaking his head and stepping back.

"I'm not doing this dude" Eddie mumbles, giving Steve a murderous glance.

You release a sigh of relief, glad that nobody's going to-

Suddenly Eddie shoots forward and punches Steve square in the face. Steve catches himself before he falls and leaps towards Eddie. They both end up on the floor, punches are thrown and grunts of pain are heard.

Nancy shouts Steve's name as Jonathan pulls him back, you grab Eddie as he pants, shouting "I'll kill you, you son of a bitch!"

"Eddie, please, come on" You whine, pulling him back, he stiffens but slowly drags himself away from Steve's bleeding body.

"See, you even made her cry" Steve mumbles under his breath as Nancy and Jonathan tend to him.

Eddie's shoulders slump as he turns to look at you, tears run down your face as your whole body shakes.

"Shit" Eddie softly says, before his face hardens and he walks past you and out into the night.

You grab a few supplies from a first aid box before heading out towards the dock where Eddie's slumped, staring out into the water.

You slowly sit down next to him, reaching out a hand and brushing his hair back, revealing a cut eyebrow and lip.

His eyes stare ahead, even when you silently begin tending to his wounds, cleaning his cuts and putting a small plaster on his head.

"I made you cry" Eddie finally mumbles to the darkness, his head bows.

"No, you didn't" You softly begin, but Eddie's sarcastic laugh and head shake interupt you.

"Don't lie to me. Please. I saw your face, I've never seen you look so-" He cuts off as his voice breaks.

Tears thicken your voice as you continue "You didn't make me cry, the thought of you being hurt upset me, I know how your mind works Munson, you're questioning everything Steve said to you"

Eddie licks his lips, turning towards you "He's right, you deserve to be with someone who can give you more. I can't buy you fancy gifts and take you to suit and tie restaurants, I can't even graduate from school"

You shake your head, giving him a watery smile as you cup his cheek and say "I don't want any of that, that's what Steve never understood, I want you. I want the little songs you write me, I want to stargazing on your trailer and the Hellfire Club, and I know you'll smash school soon"

Eddie nods, inhaling deeply as he presses his forehead to yours. "Forever, right?"

"Until the end Munson"