Eddie- The Future Is Ours

I wipe my forehead with the back of my hand as continue to use the paint roller on the wall.

Eddie stands behind me with a paint brush, since he's taller he's painting the top of the wall where I can reach.

Another splodge of paint falls on my head and I turn around with a grin as Eddie smirks.

"You did that one on purpose!" I exclaim, pointing the roller at him.

Eddie shakes his head, "You've got a little something here..." He mumbles, dipping his thumb in the paint pot and putting a streak across my cheek.

My eyes widen before narrowing on him, I quickly use the roller to bash him on the head, the sponge marks a huge line on Eddie's forehead as he looks traumatised.

We both laugh and I drop the roller, wrapping my arms around Eddie's neck as I murmur "Is it going to be this much hard work when we decorate our own home?"

Eddie shrugs and gently pushes me away, a smirk tilts his mouth as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a set of keys.

My jaw drops as I look between his eyes and the keys. "No you fucking didn't!"

"Watch that mouth sweetheart, but yeah I fucking did." He grins, telling me what I've been wanting to hear for a while.

"But how?" I ask, eyeing up the keys to our new home.

"I spoke to Wayne and your parents, they wanted to help us since it's our birthdays soon, plus they're all fed up of our...late night activities." He smiles.

My eyes fill with tears as I leap forward and tackle Eddie into a hug, pushing him against the wet wall as I cheer "We've got a home!"

Eddie nods and wraps his arms around me, spinning me around as we laugh and celebrate.

"Wait, why'd you let me start painting my room then?" I ask, and Eddie shakes his head with a chuckle.

"I wasn't sure whether to surprise you now or wait until your birthday." He admits, and I roll my eyes and kiss him.