Eddie- Deadly Distractions

It's safe to say The Upside Down is scary as shit, especially with the Demobats scurrying around, waiting to come take a chunk out of us.

We're the distraction, whilst Steve, Nancy and Robin kill Vecna. Eddie and Dustin look as terrified as I feel, but I try to put on a brave face as they set up the guitar amp.

Eddie grabs his guitar, momentarily looking at me and smiling as he remembers our 'practices' together, which usually turned into steamy makeout sessions, but after months of teaching, it finally paid off and I learnt how to play.

Suddenly from out of nowhere, a lone bat screeches and flies towards me, I duck just in time, but it immediately attacks Eddie. I think I shout as it's sharp teeth rip at Eddie's hand.

Dustin grabs his spear and manages to knock it to the ground, I quickly go over to it, where it lays on the ground, and stomp on it with my boot until its dead.

Panting, we all take a moment to recover.

"Shit" Eddie moans, holding his bloody hand.

"You can't play like that" I worriedly say to Eddie, knowing our time is running out.

I bite my lip, contemplating what I'm about to do, but fuck it.

"Get ready to run" I bravely say to Dustin and Eddie who are crouched on the ground.

Dustin nods, and goes to the amp.

I pick up Eddie's guitar, shrugging the strap over my shoulder, before grabbing my guitar pick necklace Eddie gave me.

Without a moments hesitation, I begin to play the first song Eddie taught me. Turbo Lover by Judy's Priest.

I usually would smile playing, but right now I'm too worried about the bats screeching in the distance.

Dustin bobs his head to the music, whilst Eddie watches me with admiration, a grin stretches across his face.

"They're coming!" Dustin shouts as the bats come closer, I finish the song with flourish, a final overdramatic strum, before shrugging it off and running away with the others.

Eddie holds the door open as I run through, he closes it moments before the bats attack.

"That's my girl!" Eddie cheers, as we all jump up and down. I go to hug Eddie but he swears as his hand brushes me.

"We should sort that out" I mumble, grabbing a nearby towel.