Eddie- Gunfire

It's been a couple of weeks since your parents moved you to Hawkins, more specifically into the trailer park since they don't have a lot of money but still wanted a change.

Eddie sees you occasionally sitting outside reading, he notices how you have the same tastes as him with books, yet he hasn't gathered the courage to speak to you. He's also seen you around at school, noticing how you're introverted yet smart, he admires your refusal to play nice with the high school girls who try to conform you into their cliques.

One evening, Eddie's sitting outside his trailer having a smoke, when he sees you barge your way out of your door and strut off into the woods. He contemplates going after you, he knows it'll be night soon yet his worry for you overpowers his fear.

Eddie follows where you went, stumbling over the rocks and fallen trees, until suddenly he hears a gunshot.

He stops dead for a minute, absolutely terrified for his safety. Is it a killer? Some hunters? Or police? No, Eddie still needs to make sure you're alright.

He jogs to where the sound came from, muttering expletives under his breath until he comes to an open area. His gaze darts around and another gunshot rings out, he ducks and his eyes land on you.

You're standing there in the clearing, feet apart and gun in hand, aiming at some tree stumps. You fire off another shot, hitting your mark.

"What the Jesus Christ are you doing?" Eddie shouts, making you jump and aim the gun at him. He holds his hands up in a surrender as he slowly gets up.

"What am I doing? What are you doing, following me into the woods?" You retort, raising an eyebrow and lowering the gun.

"Touché. But seriously, why'd you have a gun?" He asks, coming closer as you turn the safety on and put the gun between your belt like a sheriff.

"Because."

"Because? You're not planning on killing someone are you?" Eddie nervously laughs, looking around you as if there's a body.

"What? No! I just like to let off steam sometimes, since there isn't a shooting range about I had to make do" You gesture around you, biting your lip nervously.

"Right, and you couldn't just do something normal like play sports or some shit?" Eddie smiles as you begin walking back to the trailer park.

"I hate sports, what's the point of throwing a ball into a net?" You rhetorically joke, letting out a snort.

"My kinda ideology" Eddie muses looking down at you, he quickly moves a branch back so you can pass first.

"I've seen you at school, you host that D and D club, right?" You ask as Eddie hops over branches.

"Yeah, Hellfire Club" Eddie grins.

You smile back, "Is there some initiation or something? I'd love to join"

Eddie stops and narrows his eyes at you, "You think you can handle it?"

You roll your eyes and smirk, "I think I can take it".

Eddie grins, showing his dimples as he shakes his head, already planning on how he's going to ask you out.