CAMPAIGN- PART TEN

You sit on the floor of the dock, dangling your legs over the water and enjoying the peace.

"So why'd you wanna stick around?" Eddie asks, coming to sit next to you, a bag of chips in one hand and Lord of the Rings in the other.

"You shouldn't be alone right now" you say softly to the water, turning your head you see Eddie looking at you, a faint smile tilts his lips.

"Well if it's any consolation, I'm glad you're here" He adds, before settling down and crunching on some chips.

"Had any more nightmares?" He asks after a few minutes. You nod, biting your lip, before telling him about them.

"That's pretty deep, you know they say trauma causes stuff like that" He suggests, but his tone is more like he's asking a question.

"I haven't had any trauma, not really, just moving here to Hawkins isn't how I expected senior year to go" you huff.

"And why'd you move here?"

"My mom cheated on my dad, they wanted a clean slate, and apparently Hawkins was far away enough for them to try and forget about it" You bitterly say, shrugging.

"I get it, my parents were pretty shitty too" Eddie admits, you turn to look at him and his eyes are glued to the water, as if he's living in another moment.

"Hey," you say, putting your hand on his arm, "we aren't our parents, just because they made us doesn't mean we're copies of them".

Eddie nods, and shakes his head as if shaking off the feeling, changing the subject he tells you about Hellfire and his band, Corroded Coffin. You're in awe the whole time, asking the occasional question, until the conversation naturally ends and he begins to read your book.

Grabbing your bag, you pull out a notebook and pen, scribbling furiously for a few minutes. Eddie occasionally glances up at you, but doesn't say anything.

He sighs, "Okay, let me in on it, what evil masterminded plan are you coming up with?".

You smile, showing him the notebook. It's filled with notes about Vecna and The Upside Down.

"This is everything we know so far, it's easier to work out a plan when the information is right in front of you" You admit, proud of your inner nerd.

Eddie looks at you, eyebrows raised and his lip out. He's impressed.

You continue to write down a few more things, glancing up at Eddie and finding him watching you with a small smile, sometimes he'll catch you admiring him too.

Headlights shine through the window and you both scramble up, ducking behind the wall and popping your heads up to see who the intruder is.

"That's Steve, guess it's time to go" you say to Eddie with a smile, packing your stuff up.

You both stand together, close. Eddie's the first to move, wrapping his arms around you and enveloping you into a hug, you press your face into his shoulder as his breath tingles your ear.

"I'm really glad I met you Y/N"

You feel a warm feeling, and reply "Me too" before giving him a final squeeze and rushing out of the door.

As Steve drives you home, you still feel the warm feeling, not quite knowing what it is, but one thing is for certain; you're falling hard for Eddie Munson.