Eddie- Second's Not The Same

You watch as Eddie watches the queen if Hawkins High, Chrissy Cunningham, walks into the cafeteria, her fellow cheerleading friends follow close behind.

It wouldn't hurt as much if you knew she was a bitch, but the fact she was genuinely nice had you gritting your teeth.

"I'm done" You say, quickly grabbing your things and getting up from the Hellfire Club table, a few ask where you're going, including Eddie, but you ignore them and dash out.

You find yourself at the little picnic bench on the outskirts of the high school, its well hidden in the woods so you can finally let the emotions out.

You punch a nearby tree, immediately regretting it as your knuckles bleed. Tears form in your eyes as you slump to the floor, wishing you could just curl up and wither away.

Footsteps crunch as you look up, and see a very concerned Eddie holding his hands up in a surrender.

"Hey, sorry didn't mean to scare you, you alright?" He softly asks, coming closer as you hastily wipe your eyes with the back of your hand.

"I'm fine," You spit out, avoiding eye contact, "maybe you should go back to the cafeteria, Chrissy's there."

You cringe inside as you realise what you just said.

"Yeah, she is," Eddie confirms, and your heart breaks, "but you're here, and that's where I wanna be."

You look up at him as he crouches in front of you.

"Second's not the same" You whisper to him, voice wavering.

"You were never second to me, you're my only one" Eddie murmurs, his eyes looking at you as if you're the most precious thing to him.

"I promised myself I wouldn't let you complete me," You mumble, "but it's too late."

Eddie smiles and gently presses his lips to yours, careful at first but it soon gets heated as you let out a soft moan, his arms wrap around your body and pull you to him, even as he falls back onto the floor, with you laying on top of him.

You both laugh and Eddie brushes your hair out of your face, gently flicking your nose, "I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember."

You smile, "I love you too, but please don't break my heart, I can't take it."

He shakes his head as he sits up, "You'd have to break mine first."