CAMPAIGN- PART SEVENTEEN

You and Eddie are both tired, but somehow you both manage to walk through the woods, you occasionally almost tripping and Eddie having to grab you before you hug the floor.

The early morning sun begins to light up through the trees, and the sound of a construction site draws you both East.

"Wait here" Eddie tells you as you hide behind a tree, moments later he comes jogging back, a walkie talkie in hand whilst he grabs your other hand with his free one.

"More walking" You mutter, sighing from exhaustion.

"Not anymore" Eddie smiles, as you both come across a big rocky structure. Skull Rock. 

You let out a relieved smile and flop down under the fallen rock, as Eddie joins you, both of you sit agasint the rocky wall, hands clasped together and taking in the moment of peace.

The calming sound of the trees swaying lulls you into a relaxed state, you end up leaning your head on his shoulder, and unconsciously playing with the rings on his hand.

Eddie grabs the walkie talkie and contacts Dustin, "Are you there?".

"Yeah man, how are you holding up? Have you seen Y/N?" Dustin asks, worry in his tone.

"Not great man, Y/N's with me, we're both at Skull Rock" Eddie tells him, looking to you.

"We're on our way. Over and out" Dustin says.

Eddie puts the walkie talkie down and turns to you, giving you a quick kiss on the forehead.

"This isn't how I envisioned my move to Hawkins to go" You huff, smiling up at Eddie.

"Yeah, well this isn't what I envisioned when I thought about hanging out with you" Eddie laughs back, his smile crinkling the corners of his eyes.

You raise an eyebrow at him, before leaning in for a kiss, but before your lips meet, a rustling comes from bushes, making you both stiffen, Eddie stands up first, blocking your view of whatever is out there.

Steve bursts through the bushes, followed by the others.

"I told you, Skull Rock!" Steve brags, looking over his shoulder at a confused Dustin, "You're such a know it all".

Eddie grins, and rushes to Dustin, "You butt head" giving him a tight hug, which Dustin replicates with the same eagerness.

"I thought you were a goner" Dustin admits, as Eddie steps back and picks up your hand, his thumb brushing the inside of your wrist.

"Me too, but I was saved" Eddie tells him, looking at you briefly.

Dustin looks down at your joined hands and gives Eddie a wide smile.

"Oh by the way, if Vecna tries to crumble Y/N, put on Metallica, we've found music saves you or whatever" Steve tells Eddie.

Eddie's eyes widen more, and he excitedly turns to you, "Can you get any more perfect?" He tells you, grinning and giving you a quick kiss.

You're shocked by the PDA, so you nudge him with your elbow before smiling up at him, leading him to where everyone has gathered.