CAMPAIGN- PART TWENTY ONE

It feels as though you're falling, but when you finally come out of the gate, you have to pull yourself up, grabbing the vines around.

Your brain struggles to comprehend everything you're seeing, from the dead trees surrounding the open space, to the bright red sky, lightning occasionally splitting the red and making it look like you've stepped into Hell.

You hear screeching and see Steve, Nancy and Robin battling with some kind of bat creatures, with one coming right towards you.

You duck as it flies past, coming back for another go, you spot a broken oar on the ground and grab it, swinging as the bat comes flying at you.

You hit it and it screeches, falling to the floor, but not for long. It flies back up and is coming right for your face, suddenly it's whacked back to the ground and impaled by another piece of wood.

You look to see Eddie, hair drenched, face of shock, holding the other half of the oar.

"Behind you!" You shout to him, as you both turn back to back, fighting off bats coming from all directions, ducking and swinging as if you're doing an intricate dance.

Finally, all the bats are gone, other than a few who sit by the gate.

"We need to run" Nancy shouts, pointing in the distance as an armada of bats come flying towards you all.

You run for your life.

----------------

You all make it to Skull Rock, but it's in reverse, you could even say upside down. Thick vines smother the ground, twitching and moving.

"Be careful, it's all a hive mind" Nancy tells you, before checking on Steve.

You slump to the floor, a stitch forming in your ribs as you take deep breaths. The feeling of something close has your eyes darting everywhere, you feel like your being watched, a mouse surrounded by a cat, your arms fill with goosebumps and your fear consumes you.

Bats screech in the distance, "We need to hide" You say to the others as you all huddle under the rock.

Eddie wraps an arm around you, pulling you closer fo him for support, your whole body is wracked with shakes and you lean your head into the crook of his neck, breathing him in and trying to ground yourself.

After a few minutes, the bats' sounds become distant, and you all peek out, Steve ever the hero going first.

You walk away from the group, breathing still ragged, Eddie follows close on your heels, refusing to leave you alone.

You turn around suddenly, reaching up on your toes and grabbing his face with both of your hands, pressing your lips to his. At first Eddie's surprised at your sudden boldness, but it doesn't take long for him to dig his hands into your hair, pulling your head back slightly to deepen the kiss.

Your both interuped when the ground shakes, like an earthquake. Eddie's hands pull you to him as you both fall to the floor, but Eddie shifts so you land on him.

The earthquake goes as quick as it came, and you both lay there on the ground, breathing into each others mouths, your eyes glued to each other.

"Now this is a view I'd like to see more often" He half jokes, trying to lighten the mood.

You playfully punch his shoulder, asking if he's okay.

He grunts, cupping your face with one hand and pressing another kiss to your mouth, asking if you're okay too.

You nod, getting up and holding a hand out for him, which he takes.

You both turn to see the others watching you both, and you blush.