CAMPAIGN- PART NINETEEN

You all walk through the woods until night falls, you somehow along the way make it to the front with Eddie and Dustin.

"It should be somewhere around her-" Dustin tells you all, moments away from falling right into the lake it it wasn't for Eddie grabbing his collar.

"Whoa there"

The lake looks even more ominous now since you and Eddie witnessed Patrick's demise, you give each other a look of concern, whilst Dustin spots the boat you left at the shore.

"So we'll just go see what the compass does and locate the gate, right?" You ask no one in particular.

They all nod as you climb into the boat, Eddie helping you in, Nancy and Robin follow, along with Steve who gives the boat a push before leaping on.

"You said four!" Dustin shouts, trying to get on.

"You'll sink us" Eddie calls out joking as Dustin frowns.

As the boat drifts along the inky water, you get a sense of deja vu, hoping that Vecna doesn't feel like murder again tonight.

"Hey, you okay?" Eddie's eyebrows knit together in worry as he looks at you from across the boat, his arms working an oar with Robin doing the same.

You give him a single nod, looking out into the water, even though there's a fog, you can pinpoint the exact place where you felt Vecna, it gives you a shiver.

You all sit in silence, listening to the lapping of the water and the ticking of the compass spinning.

"Wait, wait!" Nancy calls out, staring at the compass.

You look over her shoulder to see it completely spinning.

Steve stands up, and begins taking his shirt off to your surprise, so you look to Nancy instead.

"What are you doing?" Nancy asks incredulously a few moments after, her eyes still glued to Steve's back, you can't help but glance too at his body.

Your eyes immediately drift to Eddie's, who are narrowed on you, and you blush a little at being caught.

"Someone's gotta go down there and check it out" Steve replies to Nancy's earlier question, "No complaints"

Eddie begins emptying his pockets, grabbing a plastic bag he wraps it around the flashlight and passes it to Steve. "I'm not complaining, I do not want to go down there"

You nod and make a noise of agreement, "Good luck" You say as Steve dives into Lovers Lake.

Eddie grabs a pack of cigarettes from the floor and lights one up. You can't help but to watch his hands as he puts it into his mouth, his fingers wrap around it. He takes one puff and his cheeks hollow in, until Robin makes a noise of disgust and pulls it out of his mouth, throwing it into the lake.

You bite back a smile as his eyes meet yours as if to say 'can you believe her'.