Eddie- Tutor

"Come on, this is my year, 1986 baby!" Eddie happily says as we sit at our table in the cafeteria.

I smile, happy that he's finally taking things a little more seriously, but still concerned over the fact that it is a little seriously and not full on study mode.

"So how are you doing in all your classes?" I ask smugly, hoping he'll tell me the truth.

"Okay. Well mostly okay, there's a few classes I need to focus on, but D and D comes first" Eddie replies to me, taking a bite of his lunch.

"What classes? Maybe I can help?" I ask him, narrowing my eyes.

"Y/N, you seriously want to tutor me?" He asks jokingly.

I nod, "Stop avoiding the question, which classes are you failing?".

"Fine, I'm actually not failing any, but there's English and Bio I'm not doing as expected in" He tells me, wincing.

"Alright, after school I'll come over to your place and help you out" I say, shrugging.

"Are you serious? Don't you have better things to do, like, I don't know, hang out with the chess club?" He asks with a smirk.

I scoff and roll my eyes, "First of all, you're like one of my only friends, so no. Secondly, chess club is only on Thursday's".

"I thought today is Thursday?" Eddie asks, a confused look crosses his face as I shake my head, he grabs a bit of his long hair and pulls it across his face.

"I'll see you later" I smile as the bell rings.

---A Few Hours Later, Eddie's Trailer---

Eddie opens the door and invites me inside, the place is a mess as usual, and Eddie clears a space on the couch for us. I sit and empty my bag, placing pencils, notebooks and textbooks in between us.

Eddie's eyes widen before looking at me, "No wonder you always get A's".

I shrug, before asking "So when is your English test?".

His lips press together before he mumbles "Tomorrow".

My jaw drops, and I scramble to get my notes from English class.

"Right, read through these, I wrote down enough detail for you to understand, then I'll quiz you" I say, grabbing a snack from my bag.

"Really? Is it even worth trying now?" He moans.

"Yes, because I can't not not help you, doofus!" I excalaim, shoving the notes towards him.

Eddie sighs but begins to read, a few minutes pass before he hands the notes back to me. I ask a few questions and he surpsingly gets them mostly correct.

"Okay, we'll go through the bits you don't understand again" I say smiling.

We spend a few hours talking and discussing the information, and a car arrives in the driveway.

"Shit, that's my uncle, thanks for the help, I'll see you at lunch tomorrow after my test" Eddie says, helping me pack my bag and pushing me out of the door.

I wave before getting into my car and driving home.

--Lunch the next day--

"I passed!" Eddie shouts, disrupting the calm in the cafeteria. My eyes widen before I jump out of my seat and meet him halfway for a hug, we both grab each other and laugh.

"I'm so proud of you!" I say, my grin widening.

"It's all down to you, I'm telling you, you're the best!" Eddie says.

At the same time, we both realise we're still holding on to each other, and we step back, both muttering "Sorry".

We go back to the table, where Dustin is holding a thumbs up and smirking, looking between me and Eddie.