CAMPAIGN- PART EIGHTEEN

You all stand around Skull Rock, listening to each other as you all discuss Jason's friends death, Patrick, and the correlation with the lights at Victor Creel's home.

You watch them all shoot theories, until Dustin shouts "BOOM!" making you all jump.

"I was right!" Dustin tells Steve, we'll it's more like bragging.

"If you were right, we wouldn't be here, your compass is broken" Steve sighs.

"There's a magnetic field disrupting the compass, do you remember what magnetic field causes Joyce's magnets to fall?" Dustin asks, and you're completely lost, looking at Eddie who also look just as perplexed.

"A gate" Nancy buts in.

"There must be a gate nearby" You say, trying to be some help.

"If we can find it, we have a way to Vecna" Nancy says, nodding at you.

Dustin begins jumping up and down, his backpack rattles and you wonder what he could possibly have inside it. He looks around at the group, and his eyes settle on yours.

You can see the question lingering, and you nod, taking a deep breath and letting go of Eddie's hand.

"Let's go find out then, right?" You say, looking to Eddie who's now crouched on the ground.

"You're asking me to go to Mordor," he sighs, frowning and wincing, "which I think is a really bad idea."

You give him a pointed look, nodding your head in Dustin's direction.

Eddie stands up, grabbing your hand, "But-" He gives you a smile "The Shire is burning, so Mordor it is".

You lift his hand to your mouth and kiss it, before leading him in the direction of where Dustin is leading, full steam ahead.

As you both walk hand in hand through the woods, you hear Steve mutter behind you "What is Mordor?".

You smile up at Eddie, both of you looking like it's a secret between you both.