CAMPAIGN- PART FIVE

You finally leave your bedroom after some serious mental contemplation, dressed and ready for the Saturday of doing nothing.

You head downstairs to the scene of your parents cooking together in the kitchen, acting sweet like an early married couple. You scoff knowing they're both fakes. After your mother had an affair, she insisted on you all moving to Hawkins for a fresh start. The only thing you wanted to do was move away from her.

You move your gaze to the TV on the counter, playing the local news;
"The murder is being treated as suspicious due to the injuries on the deceased, and Hawkins Trailer Park will remain closed to the public until further notice"

Your eyes widen as you catch a glimpse of the scene thanks to a untrained cameraman. You immediately recognise the trailer, it's the one from your nightmare.

"I'm heading out" You say to no one in particular, already making your way to the front door.

"Be careful honey" Your mother calls out, and you roll your eyes.

----------
At the trailer park, it's less of an effort than you thought getting around the cops, narrowly avoiding being caught, you make your way closer to the scene of the murder, you have to know who the victim was to confirm your suspicions.

Suddenly a hand clamps onto your shoulder, making you jump as the contact pulls you out of your own mind.

You turn your head to find yourself face to face with a kid, no more than fifteen, wearing a hat that says 'Thinking Cap'.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, a slight lisp to his words.

You raise one eyebrow quizzically, as if to say 'What am I doing here?'

"Look never mind about that, have you seen Eddie since last night?" He asks, and you stay silent, weighing his words and wondering why he's asking.

"You were the last to talk to him, other than whoever was found in his trailer" The kid continues.

Your eyes shoot to his, "Who are you?" You ask.

"Dustin Henderson" He replies. You tell him your name and explain that you only spoke to Eddie for a short time. Your brain suddenly clicks halfway through the sentence, and you mouth stays agape.

"Eddie didn't do this!" You whisper shout, conscious of the cops nearby.

"I know! That's why I'm looking for him" Dustin replies with the same intensity.

"We've got to find him" You say, taking a deep breath.

"Here, come with me, we're all trying to figure out where he could have gone" Dustin says, leading you to a group of kids and a few teens. You all introduce yourselves and they look at you questioningly, as if you're under scrutiny.

"Where would Eddie go to hang out?" Steve asks Dustin, who paces around the grass.

"To practice with his band? No he wouldn't put them in danger." Dustin muses.

"Eddie looked low on supply, was there somewhere he'd get his drugs?" You ask.

"Reefer Rick's, it's a cabin near Lovers Lake, he'd go there to pick up" Dustin shoots out, a look of hope crosses his face as you all finally have a lead.