Eddie- I'm Okay

"What the hell were you thinking!" Eddie shouts at me, throwing his hands up after we've escaped the Upside Down.

I stare at him, shocked by his anger.

"I didn't think you were that stupid, how could you do that me me? Do you fucking care!" Eddie angrily says, and I notice the rest of the group is quickly exiting the trailer to leave us alone.

"Eddie, I-" I try to explain, but I'm cut off.

"You could have run from those Demonic bats, but instead you try to play hero? You could have died Y/N!" Eddie continues.

"I know!" I shout, and Eddie steps back from me. "I know," I repeat in a whisper as tears clog my throat, but I refuse to back down now. "I did what I had to so I could save you and Dustin, he's just a kid and I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to him."

"What about me?" Eddie asks, his voice breaking, "What if I couldn't live without you?"

His face crumples as his body trembles, his body collapses as his knees hit the floor, his arms wrap around my middle and his face buries into my stomach as he sobs.

Tears fall down my face mixing with the blood from scratches as I rub his back, holding him close as I repeat "It's okay, I'm okay, we're okay."

I crouch down after a few minutes as his sobs turn to sniffles and I gently push him away from me, cupping his face as I stare into his bloodshot brown eyes.

"I'm not sorry for what I did, but I swear  on my life that I'll never leave you if I can help it." I murmur, brushing his hair out of his tear stained face.

He nods as I wipe his tears. Eddie whispers "I was so scared of losing you."

"Don't worry about me, I'm not going anywhere Munson." I give him a watery smile and press my forehead to his as we breathe each other in.