CAMPAIGN- PART THREE

At the end of the school day, you're a bundle of nerves, Eddie's invitation playing around your mind, and it was all you could think about during English.

You walk across the school field, towards the lush green woods, even though the day is warm, you feel a slight chill and wrap your jacket around you tighter.

You spot the strange shaped tree Eddie told you about, confirming you're in the right place. You suddenly hear a noise, like a chime of a clock, and turn to see a broken grandfather clock half out of a tree, as if it was growing. Confused and intrigued, you step towards it, but all of a sudden snakes of all colours begin to slither out of a crack in the clock, you scream and fall backwards, landing on your butt.

The snakes slither towards you, the hissing of their tongues making you shiver and whimper. The snakes seem to grow, bigger and bigger by the second, and you're too frightened to run, to even move.

You close you're eyes, waiting for the attack, but nothing happens.

"Hey, are you alright?" A familiar voice asks from behind you, you turn your head to see Eddie behind you, looking confused and staring at you. Looking back at where the clock was, you now see nothing.

You finally look back at Eddie, nodding as you stand on shaky legs, Eddie looks at you for a moment longer before nodding at a picnic table a few meters away.

You both walk over to it and sit down, opposite each other. "So what's with the box of drugs?" You ask him, your fear making you seem bolder.

Eddie rests an elbow on the table, leaning his head on it he smothers a smile, "Not so subtle huh? I'm gonna be straight with you, I deal them out from time to time, it helps my uncle pay the bills and I'm saving up"

You nod, understanding, "I don't blame you, to be honest I could really use some of it" you half joke.

He raises am eyebrow, "Now why would you want that? No offense but you don't seem like the type".

You shrug, and stare off into the distance, "I've been having crazy nightmares lately, they're messing with my head and I feel like I'm losing my mind".

Eddie nods understandingly, "Trust me, I get where you're coming from with that one, I feel like I'm losing my mind on a daily basis, especially hanging out with an awesome girl like you".

You blush a little and smile, you look down and see the time on your watch. "Shit, I've got to get going" you tell him, getting up and grabbing your bag.

"Can you find your way back?" Eddie asks with a genuine smile. You nod, and wave to him, saying goodbye before walking back through the woods.