Seeing Each Other After Years

Eddie:
You and Eddie used to be childhood BFFs, you both had similar interests are were seen as outcasts, and he secretly had a crush on you. But when your parents filed for a divorce, your father took you with him across the country without you ever getting to say goodbye to Eddie. A few years later you're back in Hawkins with your dad as his new wife, back at Hawkins High. You enter the cafeteria and there at the table across the room is your Eddie, his hair longer and by the looks of it he now has tattoos, making your knees go a little weak. You begin to walk over to him when his head suddenly turns towards you, you expect him to be excited but instead his gaze just moves away. You're distraught and so you back out of the cafeteria, eyes watering. After school your at home when there's a knock on the front door, you answer it and there stands Eddie, arms crossed and a somber look on his face. He says "You didn't even say goodbye" before enveloping you into a giant hug.

Steve:
Steve was your neighbour for your whole childhood, whilst you both didn't exactly get along, you saw him pretty much everyday. He was a complete jerk and his friends often made remarks about you. When you decide to go live with your aunt and uncle for a few years, you almost forget about him until a few years later when you move back in with your parents. You're unpacking your stuff from their car when a familiar voice calls your name from the end of the driveway. You sigh and turn around, but your eyes widen when you take in the sight of Steve. An apologetic look crosses his face and he asks if you both can talk, you brush him off and he comes rushing towards you, snatching the box from your hand, you begin to complain but he suddenly launches into a whole apology and asks if you can be friends. You raise and eyebrow before nodding.