CAMPAIGN- PART TWO

His eyes meet yours, and you feel like a deer in the headlights, freaking out and staring at your book, probably looking like a weirdo.

You decide to ignore him until he goes away, like you do all your problems, but a shadow falls over your book and you slowly raise your head to find him siting on the table, legs swinging like an excited child.

"Can I help you?" You ask quietly, trying to keep composed, but inside you're panicking.
Did you stare too long? Yes.
Was it worth it? Yes.

The boy smiles at you, and your insides melt as his eyes crinkle, "What's your name?" He asks confidently.

"Y/N" You reply slowly, as if you're questioning yourself.

The boy holds out a very ringed hand, "I'm Eddie Munson, but you might know me as 'The Freak".

You stare at his hand, not wanting to shake it because then he'll feel how sweaty your palms are.

He holds it out awkwardly for a few more moments before pulling it back. He raises an eyebrow before leaning closer towards you, peeking over your book, "Whatcha reading?" He asks.

"Alice In Wonderland" You reply, blushing as you remember how much your old friends made fun of you for reading a 'children's book'.

"Ah, very trippy" He replies with a non-judgemental smile, you feel yourself relax a little and deflate your shoulders.

"I'm rereading Lord Of The Rings, the first book I should say" He tells you, and your eyes widen.

"No way! I love that book, and the two after it, and The Hobbit" You geek out, speaking fast and animatedly.

Eddie's smile turns into a grin, "So she has a good reading taste," he drawls, "Why haven't I seen you around before?".

You bite your lip nervously, "I'm new, well new to Hawkins, well I joined school a week ago so I'm new to the school but I moved to Hawkins two weeks ago, so I guess I'm not new to fhe town-" You ramble, and Eddie raises an eyebrow, his lip tilting up in a half smile.

"Do you wanna hang out sometime?" He asks you, and you pause, frowning. Nah he couldn't have just said that...

"I'm sorry, what?" You ask, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear, to which Eddie's gaze follows.

"I said, would you like to hang out sometime?" He repeats.

Okay, so he did say that. "Erm, I don't know, it's just things have been a little weird lately and-" You start, but Eddie is just nodding.

"I get it, it's okay" his voice not to excited anymore.

Have I hurt his feelings? He begins to walk away but you suddenly perk up and say "What about after school?"

He turns around and nods, telling you where to meet him.