Eddie- The Awkward After

Monday afternoon, you walk into the school cafeteria and join your small friend group at the table, as usual you don't say much but listen intently to what they have to say.

You look around the room, feeling like eyes are on you. That's when you finally find the culprit, Eddie Munson stares at you with a small smirk on his face, your mind wanders back to the previous Friday night...

Light kisses turn deeper. Clothes are removed and compliments are made. Eddie reassures you that it won't hurt too much. Skin on skin, a mixture of soft and rough since it's your first time but Eddie's eager. Eddie's low laugh mixed with yours as you both finish. The intimate cuddles after, that felt like the feelings you had were real. His protests of you leaving, insisting you have dinner with him. Your sad smile as you said goodbye.

You quickly divert your eyes, a small blush rises to your cheeks as you remember it all so vividly.

"Are you okay?" One of your friends asks. You nod and answer "I'm just going to get some air" as you get up and walk outside.

You walk across the field and decide to sit on the benches outside, the empty space gives you a moment to try and compose yourself.

"Look, just tell me to leave if you really don't wanna speak to me" Eddie says from behind you as he comes and sits opposite you on the bench. You look anywhere but at him.

A moment of silence passes as you stay quiet. "Do you regret it?" Eddie asks softly, a hint of remorse in his tone.

"What?" You ask, eyes shooting up to meet his brown ones. "I- no, I don't" you say, shaking your head.

Eddie let's out a breath, "It wasn't just a one time fling, not to me anyway"

"Eddie-" You begin, but he continues over you.

"We've been talking for a while in without anyone knowing, and you can't tell me that we don't have some sort of...thing between us"

Your eyebrows knit together as you process his words, "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that we shouldn't hide anymore, not to our friends, not to the world, and especially not from each other. I've had a crush on you for a while and I know you feel the same way, or Friday night would have never happened" Eddie says to you, getting up and pacing around the table, before stopping infront of you.

He kneels down as you smile at him "How long have you had a crush on me?"

"Really? That's all you took from that? I put more thought into that speech than I did my History essay" He jokes, giving you that Munson smile, dimples and all.

"Okay, I'm sorry, what I meant was I like you too, and I'm sorry I'm acting weird, I'm just nervous around you now" You admit as he puts a comforting hand on your thigh.

"I'm kinda nervous around you too" He laughs, ducking his head down for a moment.

"So are we like, a thing now?" You ask shyly. Eddie's sudden kiss to your lips is answer enough.