Steve- Happy Halloween

"What time does the party start again?" I ask Steve as I finish doing a simple makeup look in his bathroom, he comes in and stares at me before wrapping his arms around my middle and replying.

"Eight, but I thought we'd leave early and grab some food before we go." He murmurs, pressing a kiss behind my ear.

Suddenly the door bell rings and we look at each other in confusion, before Steve jogs downstairs to answer it.

I follow, my shorter legs taking longer to get there, but when I do I see Steve and Dustin bickering in the living room.

"Dustin, what are you doing here?" I ask, wondering why he's at Steve's house on Halloween.

"None of you were answering the phone, so I went to last resort and biked over here." Dustin says with a sigh.

"He wants me to do his hair." Steve says, crossing his arms like an annoyed father.

I smile and shrug, "We've got an hour still, of course he'll do you hair." I say to Dustin, who instantly smiles whilst Steve opens and closes his mouth.

Steve goes upstairs and grabs the comb and hairspray as I pass Dustin a can of Coke.

"I love your costume." I tell Dustin, and he gives me a grin before sipping on the drink.

"You let him sit on the sofa with that drink?" Steve panics when he comes downstairs, and I hold up a hand to silence him.

"He's old enough to not spill it." I respond, and Dustin looks between us both with raised eyebrows.

"You're like my parents." He mumbles, and Steve's face softens.

I sit on the sofa and watch as Steve does Dustins hair, combing and spraying before coming the curls again.

Half an hour later, there's another knock on the door. This time I answer it and smile as I see the rest of the kids standing there, their bikes strewn across Steve's lawn.

I invite them in, smiling at their adorable costumes.

"Really, why don't you just bring in the whole damn neighbourhood." Steve mutters as I grab them all something to drink.

"Hey Dustin, are you coming with us or not?" Will asks and Dustin nods, patting his hair down as he gets up and walks to the door.

"Be safe kiddos, make sure you all stick together." I shout as I wave them all off, Steve stands behind me leaning on the doorframe.

"What?" I ask with a smile, but he shakes his head and pulls me to the couch, kicking the door behind him.

We both collapse onto the couch, "I don't feel like going out now, they've ruined the party mood." I say.

Steve grabs my hand and kisses the back of it, "Then we'll just stay in and watch scary movies."

I nod as he puts on a video, and we snuggle up watching Halloween, well I bury my face into Steve's arm as he watches it.