Eddie- Hands Off

We all follow Dustin who has the crazy compass, all of us wondering where the gate to the Upside Down could be, when suddenly Lovers Lake comes into view.

"Are you serious?" I ask outloud to nobody in particular as I eye up the lake with a grimace and the reminder of how a fellow Hawkins High student died here earlier.

"Yeah well, of course the creepy portal to another dimension is under the murderous lake." Eddie deadpans, his eyes briefly meet mine at a side glance.

We all discuss a plan of action, and I insist on going along for the boat ride.

"Fine, you can come, just don't fall into the water." Eddie says to me. We aren't exactly friends and for some reason we just don't get along.

"As if you'd do anything." I sarcastically reply to him. He makes a noise between a scoff and a laugh as I approach the boat.

"Sweetheart, it's not about what I wouldn't do for you, more of a question of what I want to do to you." Eddie murmurs into my ear as I step into the boat.

My foot slips from my shock and Eddie's arms grab hold of me, pulling me towards him instead and saving me from falling backwards into the lake.

We both stand chest to chest as I look up at him, out of breath from shock and something else I can't place.

"Get your hands off me!" I angrily say after a few moments of staring into his eyes, Eddie lets out a small chuckle and loosens his hold.

"I think it's the other way around sweetheart." He smirks, and I release I'm  gripping his Hellfire tee.

Letting go, I sit down on the bench opposite in a huff as the others climb in.

"Stop calling me Sweetheart." I say to Eddie, narrowing my eyes as him and Robin grab the oars.

"Why, you're so scrumptious." Eddie laughs.

"Bite me."

"I'd love to" Eddie retorts, and the others give us weird looks, but I find myself smiling at him.