CAMPAIGN- PART TWENTY SEVEN

After a quick trip to the military store and a close call with Jason, Steve parks the RV near a field, telling you all to prepare.

You, Eddie and Dustin sit on the grass, you watch as Eddie and Dustin hammer nails into dustbin lids, you occasionally passing them the nails.

"You look like you're ready for bat-tle" Dustin jokes as Eddie gives him a blank look, making you smile at their friendship.

"Get it? Battle...B.A.T? No? Nevermind" Dustin explains, looking lost.

Suddenly Eddie tackles Dustin, making him laugh, they both playfight as you watch, cheering on Dustin.

Eddie stops, and grabs Dustins shoulder, "Promise me you'll never change Henderson".

You feel a sense of sadness, as if Eddie's saying a goodbye. Dustin must sense it too because he gives Eddie an odd look before agreeing.

Getting up, you walk over to Eddie and pull his arm so he faces towards you. "Are you okay?" You ask softly, brushing some of his hair away from his eyes.

For once, Eddie shakes his head when Dustin isn't looking and slumps onto a crate.

You crouch between his legs and hold his head in your hands, slowly moving down to his cheeks, forcing him to look at you.

"You, Eddie Munson, are an absolute badass and you have no idea, you're a nerd and a bit of a drama queen, but you're also kind and protective and you're mine" You say, ending with a passionate kiss to his lips, conveying the emotions you feel but can't say yet.

Behind you, Dustin makes gagging noises and you both smile into the kiss, opening one eye you see Eddie holding up a middle finger to Dustin jokingly.

Eddie leans back, whispering "You're mine too" before kissing you again.

--------------------------------------------

The RV is filled with nervous tension as the plan to kill Vecna unfolds. You overhear Lucas talking to Max, and you think how lucky they are to have found each other.

You look to Dustin, who has a nervous look on his face, which is unusual for his usual smug demeanour. You finally look up to Eddie who is sat beside you, his eyes are already on you, his gaze penetrative and you just know that you'll be safe with him.

The RV finally stops outside Creel House, and Max looks to you as you both feel the connection to Vecna, its like a pulse, pulling you towards it. You take a dep breath before wishing Max, Lucas and Erica good luck, hoping they don't need it.

The drive away from the house feels more like a goodbye, and your heart pounds as things begin to feel real now.

Your neck prickes as though something is watching you, but instead of fear you feel a sense of rightness.

Vecna will pay, even if you have to die for it to happen.