CAMPAIGN- PART ELEVEN

Whilst Steve drives you home and tells you that there's been another murder, a student called Fred has been found on the road, similar to Chrissy. You take a sharp breath in, trying to comprehend it all.

Sudenly a walkie talkie makes a sound by your feet, you pick it up, pulling the antenna up so the voice is more clear.

"Steve, are you there? Do you copy?" Dustin calls out.

"Hey it's Y/N here, everything alright?" You respond, looking to Steve who has a frown on his face.

"We need you now, over."

"We've got to go to the school, Max thinks that the victims are all seeing the same things and having the same symptoms, we began looking at the files and I left the kids there for like five minutes" Steve rambles, pushing the speed limit.

You both arrive at the school in no time, and rush in to greet the kids. You can't help but to notice how creepy the school is at night, the lockers look like odd figures and the classrooms are pitch black.

"I have a few theories" you announce to the group when you're all settled, pulling out your notebook.

"You catch on quick" Dustin says, surprised.

You give him a small smile, before adding "Vecna is targeting people who are seeing the school counsellor, right? So what if we can look at the list and try to figure out who's next?"

"Okay, me and Lucas will look through the files, you and Max keep watch whilst Steve looks through your notes" Dustin announces and you all nod.

"You all should probably know that I'm seeing the counsellor...and I'm having nightmares" you tell them, hating how weak you sound.

"Do you get the headaches and nosebleeds too?" Max asks, and you nod frowning, until you understand that she's going through the same thing.

"Shit" Dustin says, breaking the tense silence.

"There might be others" you suggest, and everyone continues their jobs.

As you stand watch at the door, your flashlight begins to flicker, you tap it against your hand, but it then goes out completely, leaving you in pure darkness.

"Guys!" You call out, but there's no answer.

The sound of something screeching makes you jump, then silence. Your breathing becomes heavy, and you slump to the floor, covering your face. Sharp nail sounds dragging across the lockers impales your ears, causing you to cover them and force your eyes closed.

"Y/N!" You hear, suddenly opening your eyes to see Steve shaking you, crouching on the floor.

"I'm fine. Wait, where's Max?" You ask, darting up and spotting her around the corner of the corridor.

"Max!" You shout, grabbing her arms and shaking her, you see she's in a trance so you shake her again, pulling her into a hug.

"Max, its okay, I've got you, you're safe" you repeat.

A gasp from Max tells you she's back, as she clings onto you for life, leaving bruises accidentally.

"So we're both Cursed then?" She asks as the others surround you both.

You nod slowly.

"So it's just a case of which one of us Vecna wants first" She adds, creating a pitfall of anxiety at the bottom of your stomach.