CAMPAIGN- PART EIGHT

Your nose begins to bleed after your shocking confession, and you wipe the blood away with your sleeve.

"So what, it's like a curse?" Dustin points out, and Eddie looks up at him, "Vecna".

The rest of you watch as Dustin and Eddie bounce ideas to and throw, before Steve cuts in, "Who's Vecna?".

"A powerful sorcerer, a spellcaster"

You begin to scoff, but catch yourself, "Is that really plausible?".

"You've been seeing unexplainable things, unless you have another suggestion then yeah, it's plausible" Dustin replies with a smart ass tilt of the head.

You nod quietly, accepting the facts in front of you.

"Guess you've fallen into Wonderland" Eddie remarks, making a reference to the book you were reading when you first met.

You smile at him, and somehow know that you're both in this together. They always say shared trauma brings people together.

"So I'm like, what, cursed?" You ask the others, and nobody replies, they just look at you solemnly.

"We should get going, it's way past your bedtime" Steve jokes to the kids, breaking the tense mood.

You smile and turn to see Eddie looking at you, and you blush a little from the intensity.

"Thank you for coming" Eddie mumbles to you, and you nod, "Of course, I was so worried about you".

You get up to leave, following the group out, but a ringed hang grabs yours, and you stare at the connection, he suddenly drops your hand like hot coal, muttering "Sorry". He clears his throat before saying "Be careful".

You nod and reply, "You too Munson" before walking out and shutting the door behind you, praying Eddie will be okay.