CAMPAIGN- PART TWENTY THREE

You step into the Wheeler's house, but it's a mess. Thick vines cover the homely comforts and strange particles fill the air.

Nancy rushes upstairs as you, Robin and Eddie follow. She opens her wardrobe and pulls out a box, but instead of guns there are a pair of shoes.

"This doesn't make sense" She stresses, as you look around her room, spotting the differences between you both.

Steve's shouts come from downstairs, and you all rush down, to see him smiling at the walls like a crazy person.

"Dustin!" He shouts. You all look to each other with weired out expressions, but then you hear it too, the sound of Dustins voice talking.

"I hear it!" You say, looking to Steve excitedly.

"Dustin?" You all shout, walking around the room, searching for any sign of him or an explanation.

You happen to look up at the lights, and see a faint coppery shimmer, like glitter floating in the air.

"Guys?" You shout, and Eddie's the first to come to your side, putting a hand around your waist. You point to what you're seeing and Steve reaches out a hand.

"Careful" You say, but the others are following his lead. You touch it too, and it feels...nice? Like a warm vibration, the feeling of being home.

"Does anyone know Morse Code?" Nancy asks, and you all shake your heads.

"Wait, does SOS count?" Eddie pipes up, looking nervous in case he's said the wrong thing.

You give him a smile as he begins to tap the sparkle.

After a few minutes, Dustins voice calls out to you, telling you all to go to Nancy's bedroom, to which you all do.

Another sparkle appears on her bed, as you all kneel on the floor. Nancy waves her hand in it and Dustin confirms he sees it.

You feel a huge sense of relief, trusting Dustin to know what to do.

"There's a gate at every murder scene, the closest one to you is Eddie's trailer" Dustin tells you all, after having to explain it a few times.

You look at Eddie, who is a few shades paler, grabbing his hand you whisper "It's going to be alright" and he nods, squeezing back.

"How are we going to get there? Walking is going to take too long" You say to the group.

"Haven't you always had bikes?" Robin suggests, resolving the problem.

You all head down to the garage, grabbing the bikes and peddling as fast as you can in the direction of Eddie's trailer, your neck prickles but you tell yourself now isn't the time.

The sensation grows and grows, so you begin to hum Metallica's Seek and Destroy under your breath, hoping nobody hears you.