Eddie- Safe Option

My current boyfriend is a nice guy. His grades are average, his parents both have good jobs, and he's on the basketball team. Really, he's a good choice for my future.

However, his attention span is like a freaking goldfish, even if I'm sitting right next to him, sometimes he won't utter a word to me until I move and remind him I'm still here.

Which is the case right now as I sit with him and his friends (and their obnoxious girlfriends) for lunch. I sigh, hoping to catch his attention. Nope.

Screw this.

I get up, and grab my bag, making sure it hits him as I leave, the jerk doesn't even notice.

I head out of the cafeteria and into the empty hallways, when I spot that I have a shadow. I make it asking the corner before I'm suddenly pushed against the wall, I gasp but a hand comes behind my head to protect me.

"What are you doing?" Eddie Munson mumbles, his breath blows in my face as I look up at him, his arms block me in.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I say, biting my lip and avoiding his eyes. We used to be great friends, until it got weird when I started dating someone, then he just closed off from me, so I cut my ties with Eddie and left him.

Apparently, he hasn't left me though.

"You chose the safe option and you know it" Eddie says a little angrily, shaking his head.

My head shoots up as I stare at him, I try to convey anger but as soon as my eyes meet his familiar brown ones, I lose it and look away again.

"He's nice" I weakly say with a shrug.

Eddie chuckles as he leans closer, his nose grazes my cheek as he deeply mumbles into my ear "He doesn't know you like I do, he doesn't care about you the same way I do."

My breath catches and I struggle for air, resisting the urge to turn my head and crash my mouth onto Eddie's.

Instead, I whisper "You're lying."

Eddie makes a low noise in his throat as he shakes his head, smirking as his hand comes up and cups my cheek, forcing me to look up at him.

"Stop waisting time, we're good together and you know it."

My legs weaken as I force myself to lean forward and reply "I don't like you, not like that."

Eddie suddenly presses his lips to mine, hard but passionate as my arms instinctively wrap around his neck, pulling him closer. His hands find my waist as he holds me in place against the wall, dominating me.

I lean my head back, panting.

"Tell me you don't like me again" Eddie smirks.

Suddenly the school bell rings and people begin to come out of the cafeteria. I slip past Eddie just in time for my boyfriend to come out, but he walks straight past me without even looking.

My face falls but Eddie is straight away behind me, titling his head as if to say 'What do you expect?'

"I-. I'm ending things with him"  I quickly say to Eddie before slipping in with the crowd and head to class.

His grin is the last thing I see.