Working On A School Project Together

Eddie:
Eddie isn't a fan of school, and he definitely isn't a fan of group projects. So when you get paired up with him for an English project, you sigh into your hands before he saunters over to you and sits down. You tell him the plan you have and he looks confused, so you explain it in a different way...and he still doesn't get it. He then scratches the back of his head and admits he hasn't even read the book for the class. You're body shuts down and you just stare at him, he gives you a small smile and asks if you're about to murder him, composing yourself you shake your head and scribble notes and pass them to him. "This is a summary of the book, you fan borrow my annotated version to write a few notes so it doesn't look like your copying" you tell him, and he looks genuinely surprised about your kindness. Over the next week Eddie puts more effort into the class and you both have study sessions together in the library. You both also happen to talk about other things, and find out you have a lot in common. When presentation day comes, you both do exceptionally well and come top of the class, Eddie thanks you for helping him pass and you smile and shrug. He then asks if you wanted to have some more "less official study sessions" together.

Steve:
Steve's really trying at school, but he just doesn't seem to grasp anything, and uses his charm to get what he needs. So when he gets paired up with you for a project, he winces as he knows you're a smart cookie. You ask him some questions and he gives vague answers, smiling and hoping he's right. When you tell him he's way off, he puts his head in his hands and sighs. Seeing his genuine upset, you suggest helping him as well as doing the project, as long as he puts in the effort. You both meet up for milkshakes and study, but he loses concentration fast and you learn different ways of engaging him to learn, even using French fries to explain things. He gets better and more involved and ends up impressing you by how much he's learned the last few weeks, he thanks you and when you both hand in your paper, Steve is anxious. When it's results day you both unconsciously hold each others hands, clinging on for life. The paper lands in front of you both and you peek first, immediately tearing up. Steve gets worried and checks, before seeing the A. You both jump up and down excitedly, hugging and cheering. Steve invites you for milkshakes again, but as a date.