Eddie- High Hope's

Eddie Munson was stoned, laying on his back staring at the ceiling like it was the night sky, his head rests on your thighs as his eyes wander about.

"What are you thinking?" You laugh, staring down at his face as his eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"There's a girl I like" Eddie mumbles, a dopey smile appears on his face as he thinks about you.

"Who?" You say, sitting up straighter, your mind momentarily worried he's not thinking of you.

"Her name is Y/N, and she's so pretty and she's my girlfriend" He continues, his eyes slowly closing.

"And I'm gonna ask her to marry me" He adds, sighing in a daydream sort of way.

You stiffen, unsure of what to say. Eddie must come to his senses a little because his eyes shoot open and he sits up, letting out a nervous laugh.

"Is it true?" You whisper at him, your face in complete shock.

Eddie looks at you for a moment, before getting up and going to his room. You stay seated, feeling as if you're the one who's high.

"Here's proof" Eddie says, holding a tiny bag, he's smiling now, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes.

He comes and sits next to you on the sofa, passing you the bag. Hesitantly you open it, peeking inside and spotting something shiny. Reaching in, your fingers feel something cold.

"It's been under my mattress for- yeah" Eddie nervously rambles, scratching the back of his neck anxiously.

You pull out a ring, it looks exactly like you would have dreamed. "Oh shit" You whisper, eyeing it up in the light.

"Where did you get this? It looks expensive- wait, you didn't steal it, did you?" You ask, raising an eyebrow.

"What, no? I bought it, I was looking for new vinyls at some second hand store and I saw it behind the counter, I just thought of you when I saw it" He murmurs to the floor.

You pass the ring to him, and for a brief second his face drops as if you've slapped him, until you hold out your hand to him.

"Go on then Mr Munson" You smile.

His eyes light up as he suddenly gets down on one knee in front of you, clearing his throat dramatically as he asks "Will you shackle yourself to me for life?"

You laugh, of course he'd come up with something original like that. You nod since you know if you speak, you'll probably cry.

Eddie carefully puts the ring on your finger, as you wrap your arms around his neck and kiss him deeply.

"One condition" You mumble between kisses as Eddie tries to take your clothes off.

"What's that sweetheart?"

"We have to wait until we're both 21" You say, even though it's only a year away.

"Deal" Eddie smiles, before picking you up and slinging you over his shoulder, carrying you to his bedroom.