Eddie- Getting Attached

To say Eddie and you had chemisty would be an understatement. You both were desperate for someone to be there for each other, someone you could fall back on and know they'll be there.

It just turned out differently for you both...It became a physical relationship with no strings attached. You'd both fuck and leave, sometimes you'd leave first and sometimes he would.

At school you'd barely acknowledge each other, you didn't know if it was because he was ashamed or if it was because you were too scared to admit that you're random hookups were getting too meaningful for you.

Each time you both got together, you'd learn new bits of information about each other, not just basic likes and hobbies, but deeper stuff, especially on days when one of you were frustrated or sad.

This time around you're so upset by something a girl at school said about your relationship status, so you go to Eddie and he takes away that feeling.  When you've both finished and you lay in Eddie's bed, catching your breath as he lights up a cigarette, you break the pattern.

"Eddie?" You ask as you begin getting dressed.

"Is there something wrong?" He asks softly, always careful not to push you too far or make you uncomfortable.

"I can't do this anymore" You mumble, tears coat your eyes as you turn to look at him, he frowns and tilts his head in question.

"We agreed no strings attached. No feelings and nothing deeper than sex. But I-" You take a shuddery breath, "This, between us, means more to me than that."

His eyes widen, and a small smile begins to tilt his lips, but then he looks away, eyes darting as he thinks, and his face shuts down.

"You need to leave" He states, looking away and avoiding your eyes.

You knew what you were getting into when this began, you just didn't expect to fall in love with him.

"Okay" Your voice cracks as you leave as quickly as you can, hoping he'll come after you and apologise. But he doesn't.

A week passes and you continue life as normal, but you know deep down that something is missing. Your evenings are spent trying to read or do homework, anything to just forget about him.

One day after school, you're sitting on the bleachers outside even though its cloudy, you can't seem to tolerate people much anymore, when a familiar figure walks towards you.

You gather your things as fast as you can, but not fast enough as Eddie approaches you, hands out in a surrender, his eyebrows knit together as you stand there, book in hand like a weapon.

"Please don't whack me with The Hobbit" He jokes, but you don't smile.

"Okay, here I go," he mutters, "Look, that night when you said what you said, I was an asshole, you surprised me and I got scared, I didn't know how to reply because I was worried it was some joke or something"

You narrow your eyes and lower the book. "I got scared because I didn't think you felt the same way about me as I do with you. You're not just a one night stand, well multiple nights...and a few mornings, point is, I like you"

You stare at him for a moment before realising what he's said, and you sit down in disbelief.

"You're not fucking with me, are you?" You ask, looking around to spot any giggling students.

"I swear, I didn't think this would happen either, but, well, here we are" He shrugs and gives you that stupid grin that melts your heart.

You can't help but smile back, before Eddie leans forward and presses a kiss to your lips, one of promise and love.