Eddie- It Builds Character

"More running" Robin sarcastically says in a cheery voice as you all run across the Upside Down, your breath comes short after sprinting for so long, and you're legs ache since they're not used to so much exercise.

You all approach the familiar monument of Skull Rock, though there's vines snaking across all the surfaces and you can still hear the deadly Demobats in the distance.

You lean on the giant rock, trying to catch your breath, when the situation you're in suddenly hits you, and you burst out laughing.

It grows and grows until you're crouched on the floor, knees to your chest as you gasp for air, tears streaming down your face from the giggles.

"Err, does she have rabies or has she finally had a breakdown?" Robin asks no one in particular, looking at you like you're a rabid animal.

"Yeah, Munson maybe you should check on your girl, I think she's finally lost it" Steve adds in, raising an eyebrow as you low smack the floor.

"Be quick, we have to leave again soon" Nancy chimes in, more frustrated than concerned.

"Look Y/N," Eddie softly says, crouching in front of you as he tilts his head low, looking at your face, "Now isn't the time to, er, go all Gollum on us".

You nod, your laughs slowing down as you wipe your eyes.

"Jesus Christ, why'd this have to happen to us" Eddie mutters, brushing his hair away from his face.

"At least it builds character" You smile, even though you're freaking out inside.

"What?" Eddie and Steve say at the same time.

"Getting thrown into another dimension and fighting monsters really tests who you are" You shrug, now serious as the moment of madness passes.

Robin looks impressed and Nancy just stares at you.

"Alright, let's get you up" Eddie mumbles, standing up and pulling you up with him, you crash into his chest as he grips you.

"Whoa there" Eddie chuckles, setting you straight as the others begin walking onwards.

"If I'm Gollum, you can be my precious" You joke, getting on your tip toes and kissing Eddie's cheek as you follow everyone else.

Eddie pauses, smirking and watching you as you walk away, thinking that even though there's a lot of shit going on, you're the best thing that's happened to him in a long time.