Eddie- Big Dreams

It's freezing cold and dark, but Eddie insisted on coming out of his trailer to have a smoke at the benches in the middle of the park, since his uncle hates the smell of cigarettes inside.

I sit between Eddie's legs on the bench, as he sits on the table, I feel sandwiched in but comfortable as Eddie smokes, the sizzle of the cigarette occasionally breaking the calm quiet.

One of his hands dangles down, so I grab it and play with his rings, just tracing their shapes and sliding them around his finger, Eddie knows I can't sit still for long without fiddling with something.

I blow out a breath, letting out a small shiver as a breeze blows my hair, Eddie's hand comes up and holds me closers in between his legs, caging me in a kind of chokehold.

Eddie lets out a sigh, "I wanna leave this place."

I look up at him, craning my neck as I ask "Why?"

He sighs again, taking a long drag of the cigarette, I watch as the end glows. "I want better for us, I want somewhere we can live together and not worry about locking our doors or cursed towns"

I nod, looking down and leaning my cheek on his knee, "Yeah, that does sound good."

I shiver again, and decide I've had enough, I get up and stand between Eddie's legs as he puts out the cigarette. I lean forward and press a long but gentle kiss to his lips. "As soon as we graduate, lets leave" I mumble.

Eddie nods as his arms snake around me and pull me in for a hug, squeezing me as he nestles into my hair and inhales.

"Jesus, you're freezing" Eddie exclaims, letting go of me and standing up, grabbing my hand as he leads me back into the warmth of his trailer.