Eddie- Cheerleader

"Ugh, well you and the rest of the stuck up squad can go shove it!" I shout from across the parking lot, to the rest of the cheerleading squad who are supposed to be my friends.

I storm off in fury, heading to the woods surrounding Hawkins High, wanting some peace and quiet to clear my head.

I trample through leaves and end up in a clearing, where there's a single picnic bench. I look around but see nobody's around, so I sit and put my bag next to me.

I close my eyes, taking a breath of the fresh forest air, when I suddenly hear footsteps and the crunch of leaves.

My mind goes blank, forgetting whether to fight or run, a familiar face pokes his head out from behind a tree the direction I came from.

"I thought I saw you shouting at Chrissy from across the parking lot, gotta say it was interesting to hear" Eddie saunters over, sitting across from me.

I huff and put my head in my hands, trying not to scream, cry or react.

"Hey, are you okay?" Eddie softly asks, I raise my head a little before shaking it and dropping it back on the table with a thud. Ouch.

"Yeah, me too" Eddie laughs gently. After a minute or so in silence I decide to rejoin society since I can't hide in my hands forever.

"The cheerleading squad thought it would be a great idea to practice without me, turns out they've been doing this for a while" I mumble, picking at the slightly rotten wood.

"Maybe they're intimidated by you" Eddie suggests with a shrug, before reaching into his denim jacket pocket and pulling out a cigarette, he offers one to me but I put my hand out to tell him no.

"Them, intimidated by me?" I scoff again, "Nah, I'm thinking they didn't want me around but hated to ruin their fake friends reputation" I bitterly say.

Eddie lights his cigarette and takes a puff before he says "You know, I never pictured you as a cheerleader anyway".

I smile at him, and he smiles back.

"So, how's your social life? I heard you found new members for Hellfire Club?" I ask, raising my eyes to meet his.

"Yeah, yeah we found some kids who looked a little lost, they're going to be the next generation of Hellfire" He tells me, excited about the discussion.

"Hmm, why haven't I got an invite for Hellfire yet?" I ask smirking.

Eddie's eyes widen and he drops his cigarette, "Shit" He mumbles, stamping it out. "I didn't think you wanted to be part of the outcasts officially".

"Well I'm definitely not a cheerleader anymore, besides it does actually sound interesting" I shrug.

"Interesting? Y/N Hellfire will blow your mind!" Eddie says, his voice loud against the silence.

"When's the next meeting?" I ask.

"Tonight, during that stupid basketball game" He rolls his eyes, standing up and pacing.

"Alright, I'll be there" I say, standing up and grabbing my bag.

"I look forward to it" Eddie says in a funny voice, I laugh before walking back the way I came, to confront the cheerleaders again.